JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
I had the opportunity to help conduct the demo rides with the Triumph Factory folks again. The folks that were trying Triumphs out get first choice on rides then we get the left overs as lead/trail riders

I did ride just about everything non Rocket but did ride the Roadster, very nice, did not think I would like the peg positioning because I ride a Classic but I did like the seating and leg position of the Roadster. Nice transformation.

Thruxton, Bonnevilles and Scramblers still a hoot to ride and thrash about. Just Plain FUN bikes and well built.

Speedmaster and America were solid as well but I can see that Triumph will probably phase these out in favor of Thunderbirds and Sport Touring/Adventure bikes.

The STORM got a ton of attention all day long. Rockets still scare the piss out of novices (Too Big was the most common statement).

Okay, now the bikes that Triumph has put a lot into, Sport / Adventure. I rode the Tiger XC 800 and the Tiger 1050. The 800 XC is a real winner. Handles really well, nice power bands, forgiving, well appointed, SMOOTH as silk, and nice instrumentation. I do not, at my age, fit into that genre but there were a ton of those people that do like that kind of riding there and the buzz was about the 1200 cc shaft drive 3 cylinder offering that is coming soon.I do believe that they sold one on the spot yesterday as well.

Triumph had more Tigers there than any other bike so the emphasis was obvious. I love my Rocket but the Tiger XC 800 made quite and impression on me. Great bike :D

Around town, I would have a Thruxton, hands down. Highway, an R3T. Dual purpose sport Tiger XC 800 or the Scrambler but for the adventure types, its the Tiger. Beatin' up on other "Big" bikes, the Roadster for sure. The Storm looks and sounds the part as well.

We had full rides going out through the middle of the day. Had to shut registration off so we could still have a bike to ride lead/trail on. Good day to be a Triumph fanatic :).

Thanks to Ray Price Triumph (Kristie, Christine, Jordan, and Alex) and Triumph (Bill, Jen, and Jesse)

Thanks for sharing. I haven't been at a Triumph Truck event in a while, need to search around and see when the next closest event will be.

Back