Triumph dealerships closing at a rapid rate

EasTexRIII

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III
RPM Cycles in Dallas closed the doors after 21 years. they sold Triumph, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Motus and also Honda

Freedom Powersports has acquired the Honda franchise formerly housed at RPM Cycle in the Dallas-Fort Worth market.

Tom Macatee of Powersports Listings Mergers & Acquisitions announced the closing of the sale, ownership transfer, and relocation of RPM Honda to Freedom Powersports.

It seems like the dealerships are continuing to lose their Triumph franchise, it is has been happening for the last couple years in the U.S.

Triumph wants the glitz and glamour showrooms but they fail to realize although their bikes are great, most dealers cannot survive selling Triumphs only. The glitzy showrooms probably impress corporate Triumph egos more they do real customers.

Real customers appreciate fair, competent dealers that care about their customers more than how big the Triumph sign is or how shiney the floors are.

Just more sad news...................:banghead:

My guess is that they want exclusive showrooms because Triumph does not feel their product competes well with other brands. If you go to a multi-brand shop, you can compare side to side and feature to feature. Instead of getting better products, Triumph figured they would try to eliminate the competition by forcing dealers to be exclusive. I love the bike, but Triumph has a long way to go to match the rest of the ownership experience. One and done isn't going to cut it for the future. They need repeat customers, and they won't be getting any with this strategy.

That's to bad, I agree.
I bought my first Rocket from RPM back when they were in a small low key place in a warehouse district. They had the best price and great service. Can't remember if they also sold another brand or not.

It's ok though, the "ride a million miles, wrench on your own bike, we don't need a dealer" crowd will keep Triumph in the black...

Sucks to hear another dealer has gone down.

I think a lot has to do with motorcycle sales in general. The county I live in small and rural by New Jersey standards, had three dealerships (Harley,kawasaki and a Yamaha) along with 1/2 a dozen independent repair shops. Now we have none. Between the crash of 2008, video games, loss of undeveloped land, cell phones, hipsters, sissy’s, over protective parents, lawyers, more stringent laws and insurance issues for the off road riders along with internet sales has just decimated motorcycling all the way around. We have an industry that needs to reinvent itself and I’m not sure they can? With everyone smoking pot these days, maybe there all to stoned to hold a bike up?

RPM Cycles in Dallas closed the doors after 21 years. they sold Triumph, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Motus and also Honda

Freedom Powersports has acquired the Honda franchise formerly housed at RPM Cycle in the Dallas-Fort Worth market.

Tom Macatee of Powersports Listings Mergers & Acquisitions announced the closing of the sale, ownership transfer, and relocation of RPM Honda to Freedom Powersports.

It seems like the dealerships are continuing to lose their Triumph franchise, it is has been happening for the last couple years in the U.S.

Triumph wants the glitz and glamour showrooms but they fail to realize although their bikes are great, most dealers cannot survive selling Triumphs only. The glitzy showrooms probably impress corporate Triumph egos more they do real customers.

Real customers appreciate fair, competent dealers that care about their customers more than how big the Triumph sign is or how shiney the floors are.

Just more sad news...................:banghead:

I liked when the dealership smelled like gas and oil and everyone there new what they were talking about and owned bikes themselves!

Back