PeteWI

Standard Bore
Is it just me, or are the Triumph Dealerships disappearing? I bought my original Cardinal Red Rocket from a dealer across town.

The nearest dealer today is 100 miles away.

I see very few Triumphs around here. The Rockets are really rare. I know of only one other.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

We have a new Triumph Franchise in Rochester, that makes 3 I am aware of in this part of the state. I have seen one other Rocket, that is it. It's one of the reasons I bought the bike, not one sitting on every corner. Bad thing is the lack of service and parts at the counter..... Kind of a mix of good and bad.....

I have to cross a state border to get to the only dealer within 200km - but it's only about 10km (6 miles) away. A bit more choice would be nice.

I've only seen 3 others (not counting Hanso's and Kiwi's) in Canberra, so they're pretty rare around here and most frequent comment is "never seen one of those before". I love it! I feel your pain Dave. See quite a few other Triumphs around though.

Yep. I saw my FIRST R3 on the road yesterday. And that's before and after buying one. I was in my car driving to town, so I only got a quick look. Looked to be a new primer black roadster. There were about ten bikes in the group. Most HD baggers. The R3 was riding one bike next to last. I about broke my neck turning around to see the bike and make sure. There was no mistaking that round chrome badge on the front of the forks when I first saw the bikes coming at me! Now I can say I've at least seen one on the road! :rolleyes:

The dealer I purchased mine from closed down but fortunately there sister store across town picked up the triumph line. I live in a medium sized town and there are two other r3 owners living here - both great guys so I don't mind sharing the space. ;)

My closet dealer is about 150 miles away, the dealer I trade with is 170 away and there is another dealer about 200 miles away. I'm not complaining, the price to pay to be unique.

I saw three Rockets today, one std and two Roadsters, I was not on my bike so I could not blow them off the road:mad: I wish Triumph would buy back all the Rockets from 06-12 then I would be the only Rocket in the village:D

Might buy this little scooter you do not see to many of them. You guys remember this scooter from Deals Gap?

I have two dealers within 45 minutes and another with an hour and I haven't set foot in any of them yet. I bought the bike used so no dealer involved. Unless you're looking to buy a new one, I see no need for a dealer and would find a decent independent local mechanic before I'd take my bike to a dealer anyway.
I had two reasons for buying the R3... One, I'm originally from England and two, I ride something that you don't see every day, at least not around here. I don't crave the attention that the beast brings but it sure puts a smile on my face when I'm in the middle of a flock of sheep (that's code for HD riders BTW) and mine is the one getting the comments.
Don't worry about the dealers and enjoy the unique ride.

Cheers

Jthree

Find A Dealer | Triumph Motorcycles

There are three dealers near me ..One is too far...the second one is too expensive ..and the third is just right....;) It seems a lot of the motorsports dealers are more than willing to treat you a lot more favorable than a regular Triumph dealers. I also have noticed my dealer doesn't carry the Rocket line as much as he used to.. ?? Like J3 said ...i'm not a big fan of dealers either, but after trying to get my rear tire off the rim:mad: i'm more than willing to put it into the shop for new tires..

Back