Triumph Connectivity Module

CrackShot

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3 TFC
Curious as to the general impression of this $225 (USD) accessory from those that may have taken the plunge. Worth it?

I like the idea, but not sure that it's worth the coin particularly since I have an iPhone mount and Waze already loaded!

the GPS doesn't actually show up on the display. It just shoes a Left or right arrow with distance till turn. I use Waze on my phone also. That being said, I really like being able Change track and Volume on the bars for music. Its worth it for me.

the GPS doesn't actually show up on the display. It just shoes a Left or right arrow with distance till turn. I use Waze on my phone also. That being said, I really like being able Change track and Volume on the bars for music. Its worth it for me.
I bought one of these last year, and it’s been great! Volume control, play, pause, and skip foreword/back. All this on one little knob that attaches to the handlebar and has a subtle look. Only cost $40.

I have no trouble connecting my iphone with the GPS, it would be nice to have more than just a small arrow on the display, especially at complicated junctions. I cannot get the music to play as it keeps cutting in and out every few seconds, I have placed the phone in multiple locations but it does not seem to make any difference. The volume is another issue, it is VERY quiet for the GPS directions and music (when it is working), but nearly blows my ears off when the phone rings. Overall I would not recommend the unit as I find it not fit for purpose, luckily I did not pay for it as it was part of the deal on the bike. I use my phone on a Quadlock mount and connect direct to my Cardo intercom, and have no issues. I like the thought of the connectivity unit and having my phone securely in my pocket but until Triumph get the unit working properly then I will have to stick with my current set up.

Back