Triumph At Daytona Beach Now!

Freightbusters

Supercharged
Today I stoped over at Destination Daytona Harley- Bruce Rossmeyer

The Triumph group was there with about 15 bikes..three new 08 touring with bypass , three rockets, some with tors and bypass exaust...

Speed triples

Was a female rep from the factory although did not have to many answers for the few questions I asked.

One thing I asked why the HP was reduced on the 08 Touring and got a mixed bag..and maybe I should not read into it....the answer as to why they reduced the HP ..was they changed the frame.....I read into this that with the change in the frame you get a narrow profile in the rear with narrow tire as well and allows for the large baggage for which the bike was sold for ....my thoughts were did they trade off some HP for a frame design that may not support the 140 stk HP?

By the way any questions you have I would be happy to ask the folks as I will be going to the Destination Daytona about everyday....and Triumph will be there through saturday and giving test rides.....And I do want to ride a Speed Triple!!:eek:

FB

And here I thought it was to increase the torque. The 15 bikes you spoke of were they from Triumph or were they actually ridden by riders who had bought them. If it was visitors that is pretty impressive to have three 08 Tourers already present along with 3 Rocket riders.
Dennis

Hi there

Triumph brought all the bikes on a large large trailer they did this last year and will be here for bike week too,,,,,they allow you to ride about a 12 mile ride with a group...

Its a good move just need to be sure all the questions can be answered!!

The MAJOR torque for which the RocketIII is capable OF is much more suitable for "Cruiser" than producing multiples of ponies at a near maximum RPM atititude. The RocketIII is King of Tour-que...and still getting better!!! The HP curve pales in comparison. The TORQUE produces ear to ear exitement!

Last edited:
Gosh???

Yes there have been many that have moved north from Miami but here North of daytona are a lot of folks from Michigan and ohio etc....live here....sometines thoguh they stay in their house all winter I think they forget that they are in Florida and the outside is their living room.......but then again thats just my idea.....

But you got my number and the drinks are free and anyone with Rocket is welcome to stop by!!!

Back