Triumph alarms......all the same?

Simon

.020 Over
Ride
2010 classic
I've been offered a secondhand "plug and play" Triumph alarm taken from an unknown Triumph.
Are all the Triumph alarms the same?
thanks
Simon

dont know.. but i do see that the scorpio alarm crowd have a harness plug for triumphs. doesnt get into models, just seems to have a one-size-fits all for each of the major manufacturers

A fault in the alarm wiring stranded me 300 miles from home, leading to the use of a relay recovery service, and took an auto electrician 2 hours to trace and another hour to remove the **** thing completely and chuck it into a bucket of water to stifle the sound cos it thought someone was attacking it (which, I suppose, was correct).

Ask LMG about Triumph fitted alarms - his kept going off in the middle of the night and he was extremely unchuffed about trying to remove it whilst partially undressed :lol:

I also hated the fact that it would arm itself whenever I turned the ignition off, which often led to fumbling about for the fob in motorcycle gloves.

A fault in the alarm wiring stranded me 300 miles from home, leading to the use of a relay recovery service, and took an auto electrician 2 hours to trace and another hour to remove the **** thing completely and chuck it into a bucket of water to stifle the sound cos it thought someone was attacking it (which, I suppose, was correct).

Ask LMG about Triumph fitted alarms - his kept going off in the middle of the night and he was extremely unchuffed about trying to remove it whilst partially undressed :lol:

I also hated the fact that it would arm itself whenever I turned the ignition off, which often led to fumbling about for the fob in motorcycle gloves.

Yep, that would tick you off, for sure !
The bucket of water is the sort of thing I would do :)

Gday , Hear me rant but... I had a Triumph alarm too, it stranded me some distance from home (luckily had friends nearby...) and that was the final straw. The biggest problem I found was you couldn't simply select ON or OFF it always self arms. Couldn't gas up without it arming, couldn't maneuver it without the ignition on and battery going flat from lights, couldn't work on it easily and I wont even go into the ferry crossing on the Cook Straight. I purchased it new and originally fitted it myself (kept the plug your supposed to send in thankfully) Was such a pain in the ass to install I was loath to remove it but after getting stranded I put on a pair of hearing defenders and went for it. Once I'd ripped its ugly heart out I wrapped in a blanket (the battery battery is bloody good it just wouldn't shut up) threw it through the shed window in anger, think its still there. Don't get the Triumph alarm

Back