Triple K&N's...Who here...?

These are the chrome covers you're speaking about :

For the Intake Air Temp sensor relocation Walt used a breather with 5/8 (0.625 in/ 16 mm).

About performance, a dyno of the Rocket with Jardine exhaust and PC III has shown 10 more Hp of power and 10 more Ft/lbs of Torque without any filtration system than with stock system with K&N filter.

Jardine + PC III + K&N (replacement stock filter) :
149,9 Hp & 150,6 Ft/Lbs

Jardine + PC III with plenum removed and no filter :
160 Hp & 161 Ft/Lbs

Walt used a custom single muffler with this set up for an awesome 162 hp :

The R III engine with a performance exhaust system seems to be very responsive to free flowing intake.

To protect from the rain, and possible airflow restrictions at certain speeds. Plus to prevent dealer heart attack!!

I'm also not sure if one filter will get more air than the others at speed. Don't know enough about aerodynamics...

I would love to do this mod, but I would need assistance. Could someone please tell me the model number of the K&N's that I would need to buy, any additional hardware, and then how in the hell do I get the factory cover off and put these on?????
I am not very mechanical, but I don't think I want my dealer to do this work, I am afraid it would void my warranty...

Thank you for the very detailed instructions, I guess the only thing left to do is order the parts...
I don't have a Power Commander, I am still running completely stock, will I be OK?????
Or do I have to buy a Power Commander?????

Back