Triple K/N's - GREAT price

Gkiller

Supercharged
Hello all....have been considering doing the Triple K/N filter mod, but most likely will not anytime soon. However...in searching the web for the filters (3 - 2780's, 1 - 1340, 1 - 1560), I found a great price if you are thinking about doing this mod anytime soon yourself....$118.46 for all 5 filters and free shipping on Amazon.com.

The price breakdown is as follows:
RU-2780......27.36
62-1340......17.65
62-1560......18.73

Just wanted to pass this info along to help a brother out...I have no affiliation with Amazon.com.

Look again. I ordered mine on Amazon as well. They will be here before the end of the week.
This is what I paid:

3- RU-2780, $65.97
1- 62-1340, $17.65
1- 62-1560, $18.73

Total
$102.35 (w/free super save shipping)

Look again. I ordered mine on Amazon as well. They will be here before the end of the week.
This is what I paid:

3- RU-2780, $65.97
1- 62-1340, $17.65
1- 62-1560, $18.73

Total
$102.35 (w/free super save shipping)

Yep...that was a few days ago (the lower price of about 21.99 or so on the 2780's). I saw them a few days ago at the lower price, and when I checked back on them this morning, they had gone up to $27.36 per filter....
You got a great price, but even the $27.36 is still pretty good and the best I could find.

FYI you can eliminate buying the filter meant to go over the temp sensor if you have plans to lengthen the wires and plug it into one of the RU-2780 filters rather than leaving it sit on the valve cover.

Is there a functional reason to do that? Or can the filter over the temp sensor work just fine since I already ordered it?

Filter over the sensor will work just fine. Fasten it near one of your filters, as far away from engine heat as possible. I have run them both ways, using a Scangauge to measure intake air temperatures. Virtually no difference.

He's right, there is virtually no difference ... but the probe was meant to be in the intake air flow measuring air temps actually entering the engine. It doesn't move any air itself in any way and sticking the probe end into a little filter is simply to protect it from dirt and damage while it hangs around the engine picking up higher than normal ambient temps from external engine heat. It's up to you to decide which way to go, one is easier and one is more accurate, your choice.

..get 'em here..

K&N & Emgo Filters | Flipmeisters Specialty Products

..wouldn't you rather support a member here instead of some unknown internet vendor?..

Of course I would rather support the small businessman as opposed to an internet conglomerate, I just find it hard to justify paying 40% more for a product based on principal rather than on sound financial decision (Flip's price of $169.28 including shipping vs $118 total from Amazon).....

I've heard great things about Flipmeister products, and will most likely be ordering some other products from him in the near future. But in this instance, I would have to say that Amazon has the edge based on these products' pricing.

No offence or poke at Flipmeister's at all...great products, great service from what I have heard, great guy from what I have read. Just found a better price.

Back