Rocket Tone

.040 Over
My lady and i are about to take our first day trip on our new rocket. Do any of you use any online trip planners or do you generally pick a direction and go? I'm somewhat of a planner for the "just in case" occasion. I've found roadtrippers.com and myscenicdrives.com so far. I'm not sure if these are international I'm in CONUS (North America). Just wonder If anyone has any better options.

Thanks
Tony

My lady and i are about to take our first day trip on our new rocket. Do any of you use any online trip planners or do you generally pick a direction and go? I'm somewhat of a planner for the "just in case" occasion. I've found roadtrippers.com and myscenicdrives.com so far. I'm not sure if these are international I'm in CONUS (North America). Just wonder If anyone has any better options.

Thanks
Tony

Ride it out of your garage and follow the front wheel :cool: how's that for a plan.

I reckon it's generally a good idea to know where you want to finish up (if that's important) have some idea of the towns you're meant to or would like to go through and watch for (hope for?) signs. If you get a bit lost, does it really matter (unless you're heading for Timbuktu)?

Thanks
Tony

try a program designed for motorbikes called TYRE

My favorite trip was when I took a trip from Washington to southern Arizona via Highway 1 along the coast. The wife (now ex) wanted to plan everything down to the minute, make hotel reservations, plan "shopping" excursions, etc. I told her that we're going to ride until I'm tired of riding, then we'll stop at a coffee shop and fire up the laptop to find a good price on a hotel, then find a good brew pub for dinner. The only thing I let her plan was a couple of days in Disneyland while passing through Los Angeles.

Best trip ever.

That's exactly how we ride Phil. Rode Dallas TO NYC last year and the only reservations we made were the day before we got to Manhattan only because you cannot just drive there and find a room. We woke up every day and picked a direction for two weeks. Best trip ever!

I usually pick a destination and go, without too much planning, Highway 1 over to Marshalls Oyster bar, over to Pacifica, late lunch at Alice's and back home is one of our favorites, or sometimes we'll just wing it and head up towards Napa and see where we end up.

Back