Trip Across Canada on an R3R

Woodsey

.020 Over
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Looks like my 2016 R3R is about to get a dose of touring treatment. I'm taking the beast from Ottawa to Vancouver, out to PEI, and back home to Ottawa ironbutt style over the course of about 20 days.

I'll be putting an Exedra G852 on the rear, and a G701 on the front a week before heading out, replacing the original Metz's at roughly 5,000 kms. There's still life in both tires, but I'll swap them out anyway because there's no effing way they've got another 12k in them.

I'm anxious to see if the tires will weather a long trip like this with much of it set up at 120kph and carrying camping gear.

Bought a cheap crampbuster, foot pegs for the crash bars, and an Airhawk seat cushion.

It's not my first Ironbutt, but it's the first on this beast.

Burger joint suggestions welcome.

If you go through Red Deer Alberta stop at Peters drive in for burgers, and if your crazy hungry, onion rings (they come in a quantity that can only be described as "bucket") and on the same side of the road is the Donut mill, best donuts for a long way in any direction.

If you go through Red Deer Alberta stop at Peters drive in for burgers, and if your crazy hungry, onion rings (they come in a quantity that can only be described as "bucket") and on the same side of the road is the Donut mill, best donuts for a long way in any direction.

See now, this is info I can use.

That's quite a trip, if you can get 12k kms out of the tire you will be good. Close, but good I think. Are you doing the whole trip in Canada or will you drop into the US for part of it? Super Slab across I-90 would put you through my hometown and a place for you to sleep and get something to eat...just sayin. Then it is an easy 400 miles to Vancouver from there with the option of several different routes.

bob

That's quite a trip, if you can get 12k kms out of the tire you will be good. Close, but good I think. Are you doing the whole trip in Canada or will you drop into the US for part of it? Super Slab across I-90 would put you through my hometown and a place for you to sleep and get something to eat...just sayin. Then it is an easy 400 miles to Vancouver from there with the option of several different routes.

bob
I am doing Edmonton to Vancouver mid June!

bob

Staying North of the 49th this trip. It's Canada's 150th birthday, so I'm going to try and hit all 10 provinces.

Back