Trike disaster!!

Chariot

.040 Over
Ride
2017 Rocket 3 R modified trike to take wheelchair
Sad to say that the Mark 1 Chariot is no longer. We binned it on the 3rd of June. Total write off, CAT B for the Brits.
Ended up upside down in a bog. Oddly enough I survived with chest and neck bruising and Johnny with his neck in a brace for 12 weeks. 2 nights in hospital for both of us!
The good news is the Mark 2 model is well on the way to being back on the road. Sent it to Lumley Engineering who are doing a fantastic job! I am sorry I didn't have it built by them in the first place, the Trike shop after sales service has been practically nothing since day one. Hope any other Rocket owners have not had this experience with them.
The donor bike is a 2017 Rocket 3 same colours as before. Hope to be back on the road before the good weather ends.
The Hayabusa clutch I fitted still slipped, I've got a Barnett clutch ready to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure he did much walking OR staggering away.....He's in a wheel chair.
Sorry to hear about the chariot, but glad to hear you guys made it through with limited bodily damage. That must have been one HE11 of a ride strapped to it and unable to get free until it was done moving around.

Prayers for both Kenny and Johnny for a speedy recovery.
Hope to see some pics/video of the Mark 2 very soon!

Last edited:
That would have been a hairy ride!...good to see your sort of ok and plugging onwards....we need some photos....
here i am replying to my own post after copying and pasting the video url in the title of this thread.....watching this video certainly opens ones eyes....i have huge respect for you and your family and for you to carry on after picking up the pieces takes balls!...all the very best going forward!

I watched the video in the title of the thread.

What an amazing family you have.

Can't wait for you to get back on the road and see some videos of you out and about enjoying the new chariot.

Speedy recovery from the trip into the bog.

This is the bog 🙃 I had time to think "we are not going to make this" lol and my life did not flash before me 😇 Obviously not ready for a better place just yet. Shame about the new front forks, had just spent 2500 on an upgrade. New model is coming along great. Hopefully with all the problems ironed out. Paul sees it as a challenge. photos to follow. Thanks for your comments. The blue van is my other transport but unfortunately i had to ride in an ambulance lol.
Unknown-7.jpeg
Unknown-6.jpeg
Unknown-9-1.jpeg
Unknown-7.jpeg
Unknown-5.jpeg
Unknown-9-1.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg

Back