Trashing license plates

Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
I ran a quick search and didnt see anything on this issue. Is anyone else having problems with their license plates cracking and falling apart? I am on my third plate since my 2020 GT was new and they keep cracking at the mounting bole holes. I even bought a plate frame to help support the plate and the frame broke too. Or maybe my state just has extra thin metal they use for the plates. These are the small motorcycle plates used in the US not the big honking ones used in other places. This is on the standard plate mounts that came with the scoot. Anyway I thought I would run it past the group.

Well I do have 50,000 miles on the scoot but like I said I am on my third plate now. It may just be cheap thin plates where I live.

Just how tight are you torqueing it down? I put the GI Joe, kung Foo grip on mine after I actually lost a plate 5 months ago so I weenie armed it at first but not anymore. It's friggin tight now.💪
Concerning California plates. The prison incarcerated use to make plates but now that the prisons are emptying out and cons back on the streets I'm certain Amazon has a corner on the market.:(

Last edited:
Just how tight are you torqueing it down? I put the GI Joe, kung Foo grip on mine after I actually lost a plate 5 months ago so I weenie armed it at first but not anymore. It's friggin tight now.💪
Concerning California plates. The prison incarcerated use to make plates but now that the prisons are emptying out and cons back on the streets I'm certain Amazon has a corner on the market.:(
This latest time it broke it wasnt even in the bolt holes and it broke the metal license plate frame I bought as well.

Attachments

• 18049596-B856-4773-9B50-1C25B461C9D3.jpeg
    18049596-B856-4773-9B50-1C25B461C9D3.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 17
Well I do have 50,000 miles on the scoot but like I said I am on my third plate now. It may just be cheap thin plates where I live.
If you live in Arizona, plate manufacaturing went to the lowest bidder, not the best value or best supplier. Hopefully they are replacing them for you at no cost.

Back