Transmission Questions

Unistak

Standard Bore
so my 06 RIII has the 2nd gear issue, i called my local Triumph dealer (Second Wind BMW) and Gave them my engine number -C00L46253907. they say all motors after 244280 have the upgraded parts. But he said the kit # is T1180188. Now my question is if it has the updated parts why do i have this problem? :confused:

so my 06 RIII has the 2nd gear issue, i called my local Triumph dealer (Second Wind BMW) and Gave them my engine number -C00L46253907. they say all motors after 244280 have the upgraded parts. But he said the kit # is T1180188. Now my question is if it has the updated parts why do i have this problem? :confused:

My 06 CLassic engine serial number 3260042 (no cool stamped in the block) did not have the upgraded parts in it but Triumph stepped up to the plate and installed them for me when my second gear jumped out.
Below is off the update kit directions so I am not sure where your dealer got his vin numbers from or part numbers. Could be his beer has gotten chilled which not only enhances flavor but the buzz also.

Could be the dope he has is premium :D
Smoke some and see if he sounds more believable.

Upgrade kit from VIN 000000 to 337294

# T1000008 for Black engines

# T1000009 for Silver engines

The UpGrade was Late Late 2007 the Triumph Regional Manager said they shipped 30- 07's back to England for the Factory to install the upgrade " Bad Dealer " ! Call Triumph ! It's the (numbers after the T or J) o6 would be J

So i spoke with triumph today the lady said theres nothing she can do for me, but also said the upgrade kit was not intended to "fix" anything it was simply for beefing up certain areas of the motor. If i have a issue this probably isnt going to fix it?? but regardless the kit includes 2nd gear, but should i buy new shift forks or a shift drum?

So i spoke with triumph today the lady said theres nothing she can do for me, but also said the upgrade kit was not intended to "fix" anything it was simply for beefing up certain areas of the motor. If i have a issue this probably isnt going to fix it?? but regardless the kit includes 2nd gear, but should i buy new shift forks or a shift drum?
You won't be able to tell if you need new forks until you tear her down.
even if yours has the newer gears it does not mean you can not round the dogs off on the gears or mess other stuff up. The list of parts in the kit is extensive but not all are tranny parts in fact most are not.

Scott's spot on. My upgrade hit had a dookey pot full of different stuff. The main difference in the gears is the dogs on the side of the gears are fewer and heavier. Plus the "windows" in he respective gears that the dogs slide into are larger so the shift is more positive.

Back