Tranny problems in the older bikes.

Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
Hey guy's and gal's. (sunshine)
Has been a long time since I have been on here an need to catch up but first I have a question.
Does anyone know if Triumph is still covering the the tranny problems in the older bikes. I have a 06 and thought I got lucky on the tranny problems but I was wrong. As soon as im town long enough I am going to take it in but before I did I wanted to get some input from anyone who has any info.

Thanks.

I have an '06 and got the upgrade kit done by Triumph. I think '05, '06, '07 and some '08's "qualify" for the upgrade kit if one of the common symptoms exist.

Hey guys

No I have not brought it in yet, I havent been home long enough to. I do want to get it in before spring thats why I am checking around so when I do I have some knowledge and kind of know were i stand.
So your saying they have a upgrade kit for the older Tanny's??
Why was there no recall or did i miss it.

Paul - - We live in the same neck of the woods. (I'm in Seabrook). So you know which dealer I use.

Dealer learned the hard way how NOT to do the upgrade kit on my '06 Classic. Took 9 months and 4 attempts. But when they finally did get it done right, it has worked very well since. I had actually started a lemon law case days before their final attempt and rescinded it only after several weeks of no problems.

I now have over 10,000 miles since the upgrade kit and the tranny works great. 2nd gear full acceleration no longer has that suspense of popping out of gear. What are your symptoms?

Won't clog this thread with my woes. Just do a search for "catastrophic transmission failure" and grab a cold one.

Now that I broke 'em in for you, the dealer should be able to get it right the first time. Insist upon them installing the COMPLETE upgrade kit, not just piecemeal parts. It was only after they laid my old transmission parts beside the full upgrade kit did they realize a little ball bearing in the star wheel was the culprit.

Good luck. Tell RIck in service that Eric (red and black '06 classic) sent you - - and then tell them not to put you through the same #$@! that I went through. ;)

I would like to know? I have not had any issues, but I only ride every 2-3 months for a couple of weeks... I bought mine out near Katymills mall, and not really happy with them, only did the first service....although my bike was 2008 and I bought in 2009 it was brand new, but they refused the $2000 dollar discount deal that was going on at the time, and were kinda vague and hokey as to why, but I was already in love with the bike... My buddy used the dealer off college and I really like the folks, but it took along time and they do not seem interested in pushing warranty issues?

Paul..
Keep us posted too.. Mine has just over 60,000 miles on it and I don't have these problems, but this is good info to know...

The weather finally cleared yesterday for a quick ride, and she was running great!!!! But then I realized my tags expired last month so I cut my ride short.. lol

Dave

Back