Trailer storage, how is your setup?

Brenner

Living the dream
Ride
2008 Rocket Touring
Don't quite know where to put this so I'll drop it here and see if it stays or gets moved,,,,

Well the end of my first season of Rocket III ownership is on me and for the last while I have been considering my storage options. My garages are full of other toys and junk and I just could not seem to find a spot where I felt my beloved R3T could rest during the cold months ahead in the snow belt. I'd like to practice some painting this winter on the tins on one of my Harleys so I did not want to store it in my main shop as even though it would be covered I am afraid something might happen to it. So I pondered and then decided it would be best to provide it it's own sanctuary from the elements. Trying to think ahead I am worried about having PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) so I started looking and ended up purchasing a 7x14 V nose trailer just for it. I am not financially well off so I had to settle for a previously enjoyed tandem but now a new project or interest has come to mind that I want to ask the opinion of community. Does anyone here have a setup in a cargo trailer for their motorcycle and how is it setup? I see some neat ideas online and I have been swimming with ideas from flooring to cabinetry to lighting to tie down setup. Currently I have a blank slate and before starting it blindly I'd like to see what others have that works for them. If you guys have pics to share it would be appreciated

My uncle has a small 16" c'van type stand up height trailer which was either converted or made new with a drop down back wall which serves as a ramp when lowered. He has vintage 1915 Aussie make with Peerless engine, 1925 and later Triumphs and 1938 and '46 BSA etc. He takes two at a time to vintage rallies and rides etc and has a fold down bed on the wall and a flat floor with sunken tie down points. He3 camps in it when at rallies.

I have a 25 foot cargo trailer dedicated to my bikes. I insulated the ceiling and walls and will be installing a propane wall mounted heater to maintain a non freezing temperature and allowing me to tinker in there when i can. Ill send some pics eventually. I could fit 4 bikes in there without work space.

Don't quite know where to put this so I'll drop it here and see if it stays or gets moved,,,,

Well the end of my first season of Rocket III ownership is on me and for the last while I have been considering my storage options. My garages are full of other toys and junk and I just could not seem to find a spot where I felt my beloved R3T could rest during the cold months ahead in the snow belt. I'd like to practice some painting this winter on the tins on one of my Harleys so I did not want to store it in my main shop as even though it would be covered I am afraid something might happen to it. So I pondered and then decided it would be best to provide it it's own sanctuary from the elements. Trying to think ahead I am worried about having PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) so I started looking and ended up purchasing a 7x14 V nose trailer just for it. I am not financially well off so I had to settle for a previously enjoyed tandem but now a new project or interest has come to mind that I want to ask the opinion of community. Does anyone here have a setup in a cargo trailer for their motorcycle and how is it setup? I see some neat ideas online and I have been swimming with ideas from flooring to cabinetry to lighting to tie down setup. Currently I have a blank slate and before starting it blindly I'd like to see what others have that works for them. If you guys have pics to share it would be appreciated
I bought one the same size only no V nose and single axle but hey the price was right. Fridge and freezer, closets and micro wave. Needs the air conditiomer/heater added up top but is already wired for it.

20170519_155209.jpg

20170328_152431.jpg

Oh and from experience it vsme eith peel and stick floor tile which does not stay. I will probably go with some type of tough astro turf carpet.

Had to throw this in. Go big or go home, lol. We just loaded up our RV and headed for Arkansas for camping and riding in the Ozarks. I have been looking for an enclosed trailer on the used market lately. They are so convenient for running a bike to the shop or ...bringing another one home. I have made a few dry runs with a Uhaul rental before I found the right Rocket. Actually drove her home from Geogia to Alabama.
20171019_122430.jpg

Sorry for the late reply as I have been busy with work. Nice setups guys. I'm thinking I will have to use some of those ideas. My blank slate is starting to become a picture. If anyone else would like to share it would be appreciated.

Back