damaged

.020 Over
Hopefully some one has perfected this, cant find anything one the web, maybe not looking hard enough.Is any one pulling a trailer? And do you have a hitch that looks good on the R3.

Hitchdoc makes a great looking hitch and fits perfect, It is a 2 man job to hang it with out scratching the paint or chrome. They have a different hardware package for with /without the leather panniers, it bolts to the rear fender strut.. shown here before the bags were reinstalled

Attachments

• Hitch doc.jpg
    Hitch doc.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 566
  • Kruzer trailer.jpg
    Kruzer trailer.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I have the Corbin bags. Will Hitchdock work with them . I am thinking it will not.

I am not famailiar with how the Corbin's mount, but I rather doubt it If you look close you can see whe mount pionts on the rear fender strut if the corbins mount similar, they may work. I am sure Hitch doc will know. drop them an e-mail and they will get you the scoop. be patient it may tak a couple days. for a n answer.

Boogerdave looked at my Corbin bag set up and said that a hitch would not fit with those in place.

Dennis

Thanks Gunshots for the link. I want a hitch not for towing but for mounting a large trunk, or to carry a couple of bicycles or a refrigerator.

Now that I think about it a bit, attaching a base for a trunk via the hitch won't work cuz the trunk will block out the turnsignals and tail lights, unless I raise it up a bit. On the other hand I could rig up additional plug in signals and tailight on top of the trunk.
I don't want the hassle and limited parking options of a trailer.....or the expense. However, two up on a long trip and a trailer seems near mandatory especially if you are camping.

I use mine for storage of a coat when it's hot, the new armored jackets take a lot of room to store when not in use. rain gear, cooler with water etc. things that are too bulky to jam in the saddle bags. Keep it small and its no hassel at all. You will have at least $1500 to $1800 into the hitch and trailer package.

Back