frankensteinIII

.020 Over
Hi y'all,

Great website. I have a VTX1300S04 (a.k.a. BettyLou) and now it is time to trade up to the R3T (a.k.a. FrankensteinIII).

What do I do when not riding: think about riding, work as a systems programmer doing computer stuff, surfing the web for more chrome, taking care of my niece and in general loving life. I also did some teaching for the past two semesters; and that was a blast.

The VTX was my first bike :eek: and her name is BettyLou because she when we first met I thought: let's go to the malt shop for a two straw sundae!

So now at 63,427 miles later, it is time to get something bigger and do some serious crusing! Oh, the name "FrankensteinIII" - named after my late brother, Frank, who, in addition to being the greatest brother and friend anyone could ask for, was in some ways more thrilled about my new bike than me. He would always ask... "tell me about your new bike..."; and, no, he did not ride but planned to after his daughter's 18th birthday.

FrankensteinIII is at the dealership getting dressed for delivery sometime late next week. I am way excited. We basically went through the catalog and checked off the chrome we DIDN'T want; it was simpler that way !! lol

Radio (remote FM stereo), GPS, extra brake and turn signal lights, fleetliner trunk, and enough additional front lighting to fry any leaping deer in mid stride. The GPS is the Garmin zump660 which integrates/manages the radio, GPS and cell phone into the bluetooth in my helmet. Freggin' rock-n-roll sick!

Photos (yes, old school still call'um photos!) posted after delivery and I figure out how to add to this website.

Anyways, nice to meet y'all. Peace out.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Ride Safe Ride Free
FrankensteinIII

welcome from tn
to post pix you will have to upload them on photobucket.com then transfer them to here enjoy your frankenstein

I'm trying again...my internet just dropped during my reply here.

Welcome to the site! What color were you getting? As for photos, as long as you have the photos on your computer you can upload them to this site by going to the photo section. There is a thread telling you how on one of the forums. Posting a photo to a post is a little trickier but not that hard.

Enjoy the new ride, and ride safe,

Dennis

36 dtg Dubai
37 dtg Home

Welcome FrankensteinIII !

My last bike was a VTX 1300 Retro. Nice bike. Not even close to the Rocket. I've put 10k miles on her since Feb this year.:D

This is a great site with lots of info and good people.

Back