Want to Buy Trade my Chrome trim pieces for your Black

saddleup

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III Classic
I have a Classic with too much chrome. I'm going to get the front fork guards, rear foot peg and muffler hanger bracket cover, rear frame rail covers and headlight bezel rings powder coated black. I'll buy a set of black radiator shrouds from a Roadster.

I thought I ask here first in case someone with a Roadster feels like their bike has too much black and would like to trade straight across.

Probably cheaper and easier just to get your stuff powder coated. Here in oz I got about 25 bits lightly sand blasted and powdercoated for about$180.00.

kenne, you are probably right. The advantage of getting them powder coated is I can have them done in gloss instead of the semi gloss originals.

I can't help you with the intake or cam cover but I'd trade most everything else including the radiator shrouds.

I have a Roadster and would trade for chrome I want a chrome cam cover also
Feeling rich https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...ngo1_rxSV_WSz46rA&sig2=Ee4UCZabQSOP9cKRVglN0w

World Of Triumph has always supplied the part to me when they sell it but I cannot guarantee they will always have discontinued parts unavailable elsewhere. Unlike Bike Bandit who takes your money and then tells you weeks later it is unavailable and then does not cancel the credit card expected debit (but does not charge it to your card, which still has the same effect on your available credit for 30+ days anyway).

Oh yeah

Oh yeah you can too much. A high quality gloss black finish to a few pieces adds the right amount of contrast.

Why not get them painted professionally if the paint can route will not suffice?

I must admit I picked up a set of brand new Cranberry Red OEM factory painted radiator shrouds for 35 UK pounds or there-abouts from World of Triumph UK and swapped them for a set of almost new chromed shrouds after my bike's previous owner scuffed my'10 Roadster chrome ones and spay can painted them. They looked OK finish wise but the stone chips started the paint flaking and I preferred the stock chrome anyway.

If you hunt around cheap pre-painted OEM radiator shrouds are available in old colors that can easily be repainted while retaining your stock chromed ones. A US supplier has a set of Caspian Blue ones for a good price.

Last edited:
Back