Trackstar Boots

Marky Mark

.060 Over
Ride
"Christine" 2007 Rocket III
Just picked up a pair of Trackstar boots at Cycle Gear, they were on closeout for $59, I think the original price was over $100. They're really more of a 'touring' than a track boot, but offer far better protection than the unarmored engineer boots I've been wearing. They have ankle/shin armor, heel cup, and toe protection. No ankle bracing, but a lot of street boots lack that as well. The thing I really like is the perforations - It's hot here about 90% of the time, and boots that don't ventilate get really stuffy. Again, they're not Sidi's, but definitely a move up from the non-motorcycle-specific boots a lot of us wear.

boots.jpg

Mark: Those look like really nice boots. What are the soles like? Also, are they immediately comfoprtable or do they need to be broken in?

My "go to" boots have always been (and are still) Tourmaster Solution WP 2.0. Immediately comfortable, well-made, good non-slip soles and all day comfortable. But for the price you paid, I'd look at a pair of these for a backup.

Walking around in the store, they were very comfortable. Normally I wear an 11, but these are actually Euro sized. The 11/44 was too snug, I went to the 12/45 (no 1/2 sizes), and had some toe wiggle room. I wear arch supports and needed a little extra room. The soles are typical touring boot style. I haven't ridden in them yet. If I toured/commuted 20k/yr like I did a few years ago, I'd look at other options, but for my current needs, they're the most cost effective option. Looks-wise, I prefer 'traditional' biker boots, such as engineer or logger style, but wanted the armor. I'd think there would be a market for a boot with traditional styling but modern tech....

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/...r-Leather-Motorcycle-Boots/p/28182_59409_1501

Back