TR3T differences

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
I've been looking at buying a newer Touring Rocket. I seem to be narrowing down to looking at two Rockets.
One, is a 2014 touring model, red and black factory specs. 5,700 miles. Condition - Excellent.
Two, is a 2015 touring model, also red and black factory specs. 2,500 miles. Condition - Excellent.

So, 2014 vs 2015. Slight mileage on both bikes. The price is close. 2014 is firm at $7,000. The 2015 is asking $8,000 and I haven't
tried to push on the asking price. So, I'm asking the fellow Captians your opinion on preference, if either jumps out clearly superior. I'll keep my 2008. Way too many cosmetic changes to give it up. I'm just banking on the advantage of choice bikes. Please give me our imput. Thanks.

The bikes are identical other than their mileage. No changes between the two years. My question is why do the bikes have such extremely low miles on them? I know the state gets cold and icy, but I would think the roads thaw out come springtime don't they?
The asking prices on both do not seem evil to me. My 2014 R3T has 74K miles but it is faster as it doesn't have the red on it, just black...

Here, at us in Germany, they would ask at least 50% more for bikes likes these. Happy America, at least as far as this is concerned...
Regards, Georg

The bikes are identical other than their mileage. No changes between the two years. My question is why do the bikes have such extremely low miles on them? I know the state gets cold and icy, but I would think the roads thaw out come springtime don't they?
The asking prices on both do not seem evil to me. My 2014 R3T has 74K miles but it is faster as it doesn't have the red on it, just black...
First question I asked. Why the lack of miles. The 2014 was purchased by a 72 yr old man. He had back surgery soon after the purchase and basically couldn't handle the mass. The second owner has put 3000 miles on it over 2 yrs. Selling due to lack of time to ride. The 2015 seems to be a similar purchaser. Bought it new late 2018. Rides to Church on Sundays....LOL

It looks like I'll be taking most of the advice. I've put a deposit on the 2015. He was a motivated seller. His plan is to take the cash and purchase a smaller version on 2 wheels. I plan on picking up the Rocket either Friday or early next week. Kind of at the mercy of my investment company. Withdrawals are done by snail mail. My bad, I should have put in the withdraw request earlier.
I am basically buying a duplicate of the first year R3T. I think 2015 is the last year build for the 2300 R3T. About the only advice I didn't take was to buy both Rockets. Pushing my luck would have cost me at least another bathroom remodel. I don't want to see anymore tile cutting for a while...
( Photos next week )

End of the story. I picked up the 2015 R3T today. I road it across the state. I-94 most of the way. Fabulous response. Stronger, more power than the 2008. It's also not loaded down with fairing and the big trunk. Must weigh 100 pounds less.. It's going to be a challenge to deside which Rocket to ride.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back