hombre

Nitrous
There's bull**** over on the .com sit about the R3 primary TPS being interchangeable with the GSXR primary TPS. That's the problem with over there... they operate on childish innuendo, bull****, and personal attacks. There is no research, testing, and reporting. I resigned from that childish, worthless, ignorant forum after over 3000 posts.

So here's the true gen: THE GSXR TPS IS NOT INTERCHANGEABLE.

How do I know? I'm the only MF that put's his money where his mouth is, and tries this stuff. Here's both TPS... GSXR @ top, Triumph @ bottom:

Look very similar, no? That's how the rumor got started... long ago Nev posted that they look exactly the same. As someone that goes through 2 TPS changes per year, and sometimes couldn't get the Triumph part, I wanted an alternative. Well boys, girls, and ozholes... it don't work. The GSXR TPS is made exactly backwards from the Triumph TPS. You could change the wiring, but hardly worth the effort.

So why does the R3 TPS go bad so often? IMO, it's a mounting problem on the throttle body. Tightening the R3 TPS cocks it ever so slightly on the TB base... and sets up a stress on the extremely sensitive potentiometer. What other bike uses 56mm Keihin throttle bodies? Is there is one, I bet it has TPS issues as well. This replacement go round, I've placed a thin shim under the set screw, to alleviate the cocking. I'll let you know how it works out.

Go ahead and ban me here for posting truth. Serious R3 gearheads already know where I know post real HP & TQ. To owl and the ozholes... I got your dreamsicle hanging down low. :D

Sorry Walt , but this is getting way so old .

All some one said was that he read in the past that the suzi one fitted , so its wrong , never mind .

As far as I am concerened both forums have people pushing the mod boundarys , some with turbos , some like your self with charggers , others with pistons and cams , its all good

Last edited:
$

I do not believe I said the TPS would fit,I do remember saying they LOOK the same and perhaps may fit/you could try? If you are stressed and think I am an "ozhole" let me know and I will give you the cost of a GSXR1000 TPS. I will put my money where my mouth is. You have my email. I have a new computer now,but could fire up the old one and look in my mails to see exactly what suggestion I offered, maybe it was during a phone conversation I suggested it,I cannot remember. Regards Neville

I have an July '04 model with 37,000 miles and still have the same TPS. So, I wouldn't worry about it at all unless your particular bike starts having serious idle problems. I have had idle problems on rare occaision, but it usually resolves itself, or I just do the "12 minute" tune and all is well.

With the 70 degree temps this morning, the Rocket is running GREAT!!!!!!

What is a TPS for and when should I expect to replace one on a 08 classic with no mods and normal riding?

Hey Hombre, here is one of your 3,000 posts ;)
Seems like it was you all along!!!!...... Please note the first sentence in blue, seems like you actually "personaly verified it and used it on your R3"..... Ooops, i just heard something make a popping sound, was that your bubble bursting :D
Please note the date of the post!

Hey ****heads: the wiring on the GSXR TPS is reversed. If you change the leads around it works...

"BUT IT"S HARDLY WORTH THE EFFORT."

Back