TPS issue and Tune ECU question

gcliff23

Standard Bore
Hello all, I have the dreaded high idle/TPS issue. I have the Tune ECU cable and the new TPS part ready to be installed, but I have a question or two before I start.

Using the Tune ECU software, can I only install the proper tune into the ECU after installing the new TPS? I have the K&N pod filters that have been sitting in my garage for a year or two waiting to be installed. Can I use a Tune ECU tune for these or do I need to buy a Tuneboy or PCV first and load the tune into there? I'm not really interested in spending the hundreds of dollars for the PCV or Tuneboy to get the pods installed if a simple tune from Tune ECU won't do the trick.

I'm sorry if this is a redundant question, but I've searched through this forum and I didn't see a clear answer on if I can use Tune ECU tunes for the K&N pod filter install.

Firstly Welcome Tell us more about yourself and bike in the Intro section
in answer to your questions Tune ECU and TuneBoy are much the same but TuneBoy will allow you more funtions and features but both work by changing the map in the ECU, the PCV is different it merely overrides the signals from the ECU to the injectors etc.
If you are going to play with your ECU Tune unless you are competent tuner you should find a tune which suits your parameters, if you are only adding the triple filter IDK's Ian tune will suit you to a degree, send me your e-mail in a PM and I will send it to you but you should also look at getting a cat delete as that tune is for std mufflers with a Cat delete and triples but here is the cruncher...... that tune is only good if you have one of the older models like a Standard or a Classic. so tell us more like which model
Cheers
Hans

Thanks for the great info Hanso. I will make my way over to the Intro section, but I've been lurking here for a year or so and just haven't registered until yesterday. It's a very nice and friendly board/forum that you guys run here.

As for my ride, it's a 2009 Standard with TORS pipes and the cat delete. I've also ventured to the dark side among many other little tweaks I've done to the bike. If I can just get this idle issue settled and the K&N's installed without a fuss, I'll be flying high!

Thanks for the great info Hanso. I will make my way over to the Intro section, but I've been lurking here for a year or so and just haven't registered until yesterday. It's a very nice and friendly board/forum that you guys run here.

As for my ride, it's a 2009 Standard with TORS pipes and the cat delete. I've also ventured to the dark side among many other little tweaks I've done to the bike. If I can just get this idle issue settled and the K&N's installed without a fuss, I'll be flying high!
only just seen this reply since I exchanged PM's with you that tune will be just right for you, I used it until I bought my StainTunes

Back