Tps installation

UK DAYTONA

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph 955i Daytona, Triumph Rocket 3
I have the high idle problem on my 2007 rocket. I ordered the correct TPS replacement which I read on this forum. I cannot see any info on the installation of the new TPS when it arrives. Is there anything special that I need to do once I have installed the new TPS,

Thanks Mark.

Adjust the voltage? Sorry don't understand. How does that work? And yes he was onside, robbed again

The TPS has to be put in, rotated to the correct spot, and fastened down. The correct spot is determined by a voltage reading which can be measured with either TuneECU or TuneBoy. If it is not correctly installed then it will not work correctly. It is easy to to, with step by step instructions in both of those programmes.

You will need a torx bit to remove and replace the bolt holding the TPS. As the torx bit and the driver will probably not fit into the space available, it is best to hold the torx bit in the bolt with a finger and use a ring spanner (box wench) to turn it. It does not need to be cranked down when installing. A firm snug is about the correct torque setting.

I guess I will have to get my dealer to do it for me as I cannot seem to get tune ecu to download to my laptop. I'm really not sure what I am doing wrong

If your dealer does it then make sure they don't charge more than 30 minutes work. You can do it 15 minutes - including the computer stuff. The manual, however, says several hours. When they wrote the workshop manual nobody thought of the trick of holding the torx bit, and so it states that you have to remove throttle bodies, resulting in several hours work. Check with them before you tell them to do it.

If your dealer does it then make sure they don't charge more than 30 minutes work. You can do it 15 minutes - including the computer stuff. The manual, however, says several hours. When they wrote the workshop manual nobody thought of the trick of holding the torx bit, and so it states that you have to remove throttle bodies, resulting in several hours work. Check with them before you tell them to do it.

I replaced my torx bolt with an allen. Much easier to deal with.

image.jpg
This torx is T25 is the one you need it got in there with room to spare and the whole set ain't that expensive

Back