TPS Diagnostics

Ugarte

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I have an 05 with the original primary TPS. I have been having high idle issues that I have not been able to resolve via lubrication, checking connections etc so I finally broke down and downloaded TuneECU to check out what was going on. Ran the ISCV test and the voltages were .62 and .74. From what I have read those are within tolerance. Reset the adaptives, unplugged and went for a ride. The bike ran perfect for about 20 minutes then the high idle kicked in. Came home ran the ISCV test again (same voltages), reset adaptives, unplugged and went for another ride. Exact same thing, bike ran perfect for about 20 minutes. I notice if I turn off the engine and restart the bike will idle properly.

I am going to replace the TPS but, just out of curiosity, what is going on with the TPS that is works great for 20 minutes then wigs out?

hi
had a diesel truck in my shop that we used a volt meter on.
the tps read perfect while checking with the eng off. we left the meter hooked up and went for a drive and the tps had a mind of its own while driving the read from .62 to 3.5 volts just going all over the place. if the computer sees just one little glitch some car computers will ignore the signal and try to run off of other signals like map ect. most of the time i have found that it is impossible to check the tps to find out if it is good.
i have read on this site that the early sensors were not very good so if it was mine i would put on a new one.
ps i have an 07 classic does any one know if that has the later tps?

Thanks Turbo. I will be replacing the TPS, I got my moneysworth out of the original so I can't complain. But the desire to see what was going on with it got me to finally download TuneECU and use it. They sure are fickle little bastards when they get tired.

TPS failure

I'm in the process of replacing my TPS . The dealer in Jackson, mS says the o ring fails and lets oil into the sensor. Be sure to get the latest TPS Part #T1245113.

I was shopping for a cheaper price and 2 other dealers were quoting the old part #.

Don't forget to clean your CPS.

I'm in the process of replacing my TPS . The dealer in Jackson, mS says the o ring fails and lets oil into the sensor. Be sure to get the latest TPS Part #T1245113.

I was shopping for a cheaper price and 2 other dealers were quoting the old part #.

Don't forget to clean your CPS.

Hey dude does the dealer sdtill have that 2009 red Sprint there?

I've never been to the Jackson dealer. I live about 150 miles away......I got the TPS on . I don't know what the dealer was talking about "oil going pass the o ring". He must have been thinking about the CPS. Anyhow, got it on without taking the airbox off.

I've never been to the Jackson dealer. I live about 150 miles away......I got the TPS on . I don't know what the dealer was talking about "oil going pass the o ring". He must have been thinking about the CPS. Anyhow, got it on without taking the airbox off.

Ok, I met him last fall when I went to work on the new Pen in Yazoo. We stayed in Jackson. Nice area great people and man was the southern food great.:D

I popped in on the dealer as I always stop where ever I am and spend a little money to keep them a float.

this tps must be whats making my oldest sons 05 idle way fast even on start up worse when it gets warm

well, $158 for the part. about an hour of my sweat and it is purring....loaded a new map from Wayne Tripp. Supposed to be cooler tomorrow so I'll break the new map in then.

awesome 4hr ride. I've had this bike a little over a year and it has never ran this smoothly.....i may take a stab at adjusting the intakes

Back