TPS and Throttlebodies (TB's?)

TriumphR3Newb

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
Ok, my bike is parked, it is the middle of winter and time to do some tinkering. I am replacing the TPS. I have done lots of reading in the forums but I do have one question. Well actually 2 but the second has nothing to do with TPS. When I replace the TPS do I have to remove the throttle bodies as prescribed in the manual? I haven't done too much work on my bike so everything I see will be a new experience for me. I was wondering since I have fitted ram air I am hoping that it makes a difference to access the TPC connector. Second question, I could not find out if I have to remap when I did the ram Air install, since I didn't do anything else (yet:() like new exhaust. Thanking you in advance for help/suggestions.

I can't help with the TPS...

For question 2, it is generally regarded if you make only 1 of the 2 changes, intake or exhaust, you don't need to re-tune. You should be good until you make that 2nd change

Ok, my bike is parked, it is the middle of winter and time to do some tinkering. I am replacing the TPS. I have done lots of reading in the forums but I do have one question. Well actually 2 but the second has nothing to do with TPS. When I replace the TPS do I have to remove the throttle bodies as prescribed in the manual? I haven't done too much work on my bike so everything I see will be a new experience for me. I was wondering since I have fitted ram air I am hoping that it makes a difference to access the TPC connector. Second question, I could not find out if I have to remap when I did the ram Air install, since I didn't do anything else (yet:() like new exhaust. Thanking you in advance for help/suggestions.
TPS can be changed right on the bike seat off tank up air filter off and just lay it up front out of the way. then you can take the Primary TPS out. the Primary TPS which is mounted on the #3 throttle body closest to your knee when sitting on the bike. the secondary is up front by the #1 TB and cables don't mess with it. ( some people mistakenly pull the front one.) Any changes that allow more air will require re tuning A 12 minute tune will take care of idling which is cool if your going to sit there and watch it. Its simple what did you do added more air and no more fuel. the O2 sensor being a narrow ban only reads in the area on the map that is 14.57:1 about 10% of the map (might be 15 but you will get the idea I am presenting) and might be able to adjust in that area. Cool now what about the 85 % to 90 % you added air to and has not been altered by anything. I doubt if it got richer And I doubt if it was rich in the first place. ?

Make sure you have TuneECU loaded on your laptop or phone, and the cable to connect to your bike before messing with the TPS. I'm guessing you knew that, but just in case I figured it needed to be said.

TPS can be changed right on the bike seat off tank up air filter off and just lay it up front out of the way. then you can take the Primary TPS out. the Primary TPS which is mounted on the #3 throttle body closest to your knee when sitting on the bike. the secondary is up front by the #1 TB and cables don't mess with it. ( some people mistakenly pull the front one.) Any changes that allow more air will require re tuning A 12 minute tune will take care of idling which is cool if your going to sit there and watch it. Its simple what did you do added more air and no more fuel. the O2 sensor being a narrow ban only reads in the area on the map that is 14.57:1 about 10% of the map (might be 15 but you will get the idea I am presenting) and might be able to adjust in that area. Cool now what about the 85 % to 90 % you added air to and has not been altered by anything. I doubt if it got richer And I doubt if it was rich in the first place. ?

Exactly !
And this is so true, I must use this !
A 12 minute tune will take care of idling which is cool if your going to sit there and watch it.

Back