sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Going to take the Rocket X to its first toy run. Should be more interesting than showing up on the Harley. I do not care much for bike rallies and stuff of that nature but think toy runs show the better side of motorcycle enthusiast. It is to bad that here in Oklahoma the local news very seldom covers toy runs. They will cover 5k's and such but not motorcycle events. When I was in the Navy stationed at Norfolk va. the local press covered most of the toy runs this time of the year. With the local press presenting events a lot more people were aware of the events so more people showed up. Here in Oklahoma about the only toy run that gets covered is the abate run in tulsa. What a shame. Oklahoma is not what you would call a rich state, there are a lot of people who barely make ends meet. I am lucky to have a good paying job which allows me to live very comfortable. To me their is no better feeling than knowing that some kid somewhere in Oklahoma will wake up christmas morning and get to open a present because somebody on a Motorcycle got up and rode in thirty to forty degree weather just to deliver a toy. That is what it is all about to me. Not what kind of deal you got on black friday or cyber monday. Take it for what it is worth.

I agree. I love doing the runs for kids. The toys, teddy Bears and Coates for kids. The weather hasn't corporated this year, and I'll miss the Toys for Tots run that shuts the highways down here in Dallas. It is a lot of fun to show up on the "Beast," that's what my friends and wife call her, and watch all the people steering at it trying to figure it out! Have a great ride!

I rode in a toys for tots last Sunday..... had a blast. I don't know how many motorcycles was there but it was a bunch. Glad I could make a child happy this year.

Going to take the Rocket X to its first toy run. Should be more interesting than showing up on the Harley. I do not care much for bike rallies and stuff of that nature but think toy runs show the better side of motorcycle enthusiast. It is to bad that here in Oklahoma the local news very seldom covers toy runs. They will cover 5k's and such but not motorcycle events. When I was in the Navy stationed at Norfolk va. the local press covered most of the toy runs this time of the year. With the local press presenting events a lot more people were aware of the events so more people showed up. Here in Oklahoma about the only toy run that gets covered is the abate run in tulsa. What a shame. Oklahoma is not what you would call a rich state, there are a lot of people who barely make ends meet. I am lucky to have a good paying job which allows me to live very comfortable. To me their is no better feeling than knowing that some kid somewhere in Oklahoma will wake up christmas morning and get to open a present because somebody on a Motorcycle got up and rode in thirty to forty degree weather just to deliver a toy. That is what it is all about to me. Not what kind of deal you got on black friday or cyber monday. Take it for what it is worth.
Are you doing the one this weekend in Tulsa? i usually do the ABATE one the second week of december, if you come to Tulsa give me a holler and i will join you for the rally, 918 845 0267
Lupe

Going to the one this weekend in Broken Arrow. I believe they call it rolling thunder toy run meets up at blue bell creameries KSU at 1145. Yes we will get together for the abate run on the 13th.

Going to the one this weekend in Broken Arrow. I believe they call it rolling thunder toy run meets up at blue bell creameries KSU at 1145. Yes we will get together for the abate run on the 13th.
Never been to that one, where does it end up? i would like to go

Never been to that one, where does it end up? i would like to go

Loopy,
The toy Run is tomorrow.
Kicks up at 10 AM, meet at McDonalds, I-5 and SR512 then ride to Olympia.
Where do yo want to meet up?

Stepped out for awhile just got back. I believe it starts line up around 10:30 ends at some church in coweta. Free food and 50/50 drawing and door prizes. I have never gone to this one but it sounds like they pretty much have it together. Just look for the guy with long hair riding the Rocket X see you there.

Back