Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
My 09 Touring came with two seats, the standard and the whatever you call it touring seat with the backrest and what I believe is a leather seat top.,

Soooo. I finally figured out this evening how remove the Touring backrest/rack. When I bought it from my terminally ill friend I asked if he had the key to unlock the rack. He was just very confused as he went through all of his keys for the helmet locks, his car keys, house etc., and other stuff and just couldn't recall. He was very anguished that he couldn't remember saying it was a special key. I told him not to worry, that I'd sort it out.

Several days ago I was staring at it and for some reason stuck the ignition key in the lock and it turned, unlocking the rack. My friend and I removed this evening and set it aside.

I like it without the rack but would like to get a solo seat for the Touring for local riding. Will a Classic solo seat fit on the Touring? I think I have one in my shop attic and don't want to climb up and find it if it doesn't fit.

Touring Seat.JPG

Mike - The "T" seats have a different fixing system. An option might be a Mustang seat. They only make them for the T and the come 2-pce. Maybe if you ask they'll do you just the front bit.
Categories

With riders backrest too

Well thanks gents. I'll see if I can find one. I"m sure Mustang will sell just the rider seat for the T because they do it for Harleys.

Just checked with Mustang. $520 to over $700 and the seats are two piece with no solo rider seat offered. That's way to much so is out. I removed the upgraded touorer seat with the back rest and replaced it with the stock Touring seat. It's a bit smaller and more narrow. Now to find a solo seat.

If you ordered through BikeBandit....it will come but....it will be drop shipped through Triumph, and their warehouse on the North Pole....which will be carried by Explorers on foot, who will deliver it to England...where it will finally post to the USofA! It is not much faster going directly through Triumph, but for their part, if they know that what you want is available Stateside they will get it sent, for a better overall shipping experience. Triumph does have a warehouse or two over here.

If you ordered through BikeBandit....it will come but....it will be drop shipped through Triumph, and their warehouse on the North Pole....which will be carried by Explorers on foot, who will deliver it to England...where it will finally post to the USofA! It is not much faster going directly through Triumph, but for their part, if they know that what you want is available Stateside they will get it sent, for a better overall shipping experience. Triumph does have a warehouse or two over here.

When I first did a web search after Ishrub posted the PN, I got hits from different sources, one in California. When I did another one the day I finally ordered, very few popped up. Was still a good deal and with free shipping.

I'll do another web search and can cancel with BB if I find anything.

Edit: Just did another search with same results. Pure-Triumph has them at $249. I'll just be patient.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention that the part will be shipped to China in order to get the infamous "Slow Boat from China" stamp. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back