Touring seat won't release

Bone crusher

I'd rather be lucky than smart
Ride
2011 Triumph R3R
I recently removed my single seat and installed the rear bracket that supports the pillion seat and then attached my touring seat so the girl and I could go for a ride. Now I'm trying to return the single seat but for the life of me I can't get the lock to release the touring seat. I hear the lock turning with the key but it must not be moving enough as it won't release the seat. I can see almost no other way of removing it but to destroy the seat to get to the lock. Im sure Im not the first to have this problem and I hope there is some magical way of doing it.

Buy a real Touring for riding with your girl -- three positive socket bolts to release - no tricks (though a dealer mech cross threaded one of the bolts grrrrrr).

Get a Corbin or Mustang seat....neither one uses the center mounts. Just the tongue in front and the tail at the rear!

Get a Corbin or Mustang seat....neither one uses the center mounts. Just the tongue in front and the tail at the rear!
Not sure what seat, but when I first tried to remove my seat, it took me ages to work out that there is a second release pull on the left hand side just under the “hump” and strap. It’s a round ring you have to pull as you turn the key.

Last edited:
Pull the ring and thump the seat hard hand or fist while ring is pulled or put your body weight onto it.

I recently removed my single seat and installed the rear bracket that supports the pillion seat and then attached my touring seat so the girl and I could go for a ride. Now I'm trying to return the single seat but for the life of me I can't get the lock to release the touring seat. I hear the lock turning with the key but it must not be moving enough as it won't release the seat. I can see almost no other way of removing it but to destroy the seat to get to the lock. Im sure Im not the first to have this problem and I hope there is some magical way of doing it.
Is it the same as this? As mitz said ***** slap it hard the pull it up. Lodge something under it once done, then pull that ring to release the rear part.

Attachments

• 223B9A25-E647-4B72-87A8-0973E10A108A.jpeg
    223B9A25-E647-4B72-87A8-0973E10A108A.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 4
Buy a real Touring for riding with your girl -- three positive socket bolts to release - no tricks (though a dealer mech cross threaded one of the bolts grrrrrr).
They only make bolt on harley seats for the touring not for real real rockets. He just aint holding his face straight. Woth left hand on the key push down in the center of the seat pan wjere the ley lock post is. Most find they can turn the key easier that way wbe you can and turn the key hold the key and reach over the seat grab the rear moubt D ring and release it. When you get it off turn it over on the front post you will see a rubber washer. After time this anti vibration pad will bed on and compress a little and get easier.

Have you got that mofo off yet?

Back