Touring Screen Heights and Widths

pjl52

.040 Over
Guys

I posted earlier regarding the prohibitive cost of obtaining a Clearview screen, since then I have found a local manufacturer that will make a screen to my requirements at a reasonable cost.

My question is what are the dimensions of both the OEM Touring screens and the Clearview, can you give me both the width and the height?

I am just over 5' 10" so I assume that the screen height should be close to 25" (measured from the bottom of the portion that extends between the head lights) to provide the best protection, this is based on what I have read on the forum, if anyone has any other opinions as to to the ideal height I would welcome those.

Thanks

Peter

I think mine was at 23" not sure of the width (Clearview). When I originally did the measurements I had originally ordered the 25" but changed it down to the 23". What I would do if I were you is go to the Clearview site and get the dimensions from there and give them to your contact. I am 5'9" and the 23 inch is fine.

Just be aware if your "maker" is going to make a shield to fit your bike it does not "usually" come with the "fixin's". Usually you have to use the hardware that comes with the original screen.

Dennis

79 dtg Kuwait
80 dtg Home

Last edited:
Back