Touring Rear Brakes just slightly draging

Sparky59

The Guy With The Most Toys Wins!
Ride
2008 R3T, 2018R3R,2015 X 1954 & 1958 Cushman Eagle
M/C has only 15,000 miles, rear brakes were very worn, replaced pads, freed up caliper which was not "floating", changed fluid(believe original), bled brakes.....took bike for a ride and heat cycled pads, seemed as though brakes were up to snuff. Did not notice any pedal pulsation at all. thought i was done:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Took a short ride for dinner, upon arrival, noticed when rocking the bike, the back pads were dragging slightly:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. The only thing that i didn't do was mike the rotor.....:oops::oops::oops: Ran out of ambition...anyone run into this before?:(:(:(:(
What say u?

Just make sure you have an air gap in your reservoir - it happened to a guy where he pushed the pistons back and replaced the pads but had over filled the reservoir which when the pedal was released would not allow the caliper pistons to release fully as the master cylinder was holding a small amount of pressure because it was overfilled no air gap.

It may not be the cause in your case.

One more thing to check is when stationery you should be able to apply the brake and then release, you should be able to then grab the back end of the brake pad with your finger tips and wiggle it just a little (should be firm but free) - if not something is not allowing the pads to release fully. Either the caliper is not floating properly (binding on the pins) or the piston(s) are not fully releasing for one reason or another.

Don't ask how I know this.

Back