Touring hard bags on a 2006 standard???

Buck Mossie

Man of the People
Ride
2007 Carpenterized Classic
Does anyone know if the hard bags of a 2008 Touring will fit on a 2006 Standard??? Inquiring minds want to know...

S/F

B

Don't think so - think the exhaust would interfere. Also, fender mountings are different.

The whole rear end is different on the Touring, thus the 180 rear tire. One reason is to create room for the bags. So, the answer is no.

I understand that the fender / tire is wider on the standard vs the tourer, but are holes in the fender for the trim and distance to the rear peg mounting holes the same distance???

Don't know about hole distance, but the R3T has rear floorboards, not pegs. Also, the bag rails mount to the mufflers, which have mounting brackets welded to them. Obviously the other models lack those mounting brackets. Have you checked Corbin bags?

The swing frame on a STandard/Classic is flared out do the the wider tire as stated above. This is why the combined PCA on the differential on a touring is 90 and its greater on the standard/classic. That and as stated above the mounts on the mufflers whicare not on the Standard/Classic models wil present some difficulties for you. Not that anything can't be modified its just how much trouble and money you want to spend. That being said the corbin bags stated above fit right on but give no protection if you lay her down. In fact from experience they Disintegrate like broken glass. I know this first hand. You might want to look for something else that you might be able to incorporate the rear crash bars on the beast. I did find in my accident that the Triumph crash bars do afford some protection. If you lay her down at 50 mph or so while rolling the bike they will bend back along with the radiator so far as to break the floor board but the will hold up and protect you leg and feet. If it weren't for them I doubt I would be walking. I use the removable Hepcko & Beckor on my other Rocket which come in two sizes and you can order a replacement one if you did lay her down. I am not sur eif they meet your requirements but they are a darn good bag.
Hope this helps

Back