Touring footboards-No more chicken strips!

fastfreight

.060 Over
I finally got the Touring footboards mounted on my Classic and I can now use all the tread. They don't touch down until you think the bar end is going to hit the asphalt! Rearset performance without the monkey humping a football riding position. Highly recommended.

Just so's I'm clear (I'm kinda slow), are you talking about the floor boards from the single eye'd touring Rocket?

yep, the one-eyed FBG

The Touring footboards are slightly higher than the Triumph regular accessory footboards for the Classic, and the outer edge at the back curves in instead of being square cornered. The combination allows much more bank angle before the 'hero blob' touches down. BTW, you also need the Touring kickstand. The Classic kickstand ends up under the Touring floorboard because the floorboard extends further aft than the Classic accessory footboard does. One other advantage if you're not a fan of heel-toe shifters, the Touring shift bar is two piece so I just had them remove the rear half and now I have a toe shifter with my floorboards. Perfect for my preferences.

one other thing

I am in the habit of standing on the pegs when going over obstacles or rough spots (old dirt riding habit, I guess). The Touring floorboards are far enough back that you can get your feet under you to stand up and be able to control the bars comfortably. The Classic accessory boards position your feet too far forward to let you do that.

The Touring footboards are slightly higher than the Triumph regular accessory footboards for the Classic, and the outer edge at the back curves in instead of being square cornered. The combination allows much more bank angle before the 'hero blob' touches down. BTW, you also need the Touring kickstand. The Classic kickstand ends up under the Touring floorboard because the floorboard extends further aft than the Classic accessory footboard does. One other advantage if you're not a fan of heel-toe shifters, the Touring shift bar is two piece so I just had them remove the rear half and now I have a toe shifter with my floorboards. Perfect for my preferences.

So how much did the floorboards and the stand cost in total - I assume they're OEM parts

had to find file

Carmima- Sorry for the delayed answer. The total was $570 installed. I bought the footboards as part of the original purchase along with a bunch of other stuff, so they gave me 25% off list. It's not a kit; each piece had to be separately ordered as though it was a crash repair. Even so, Triumph sent the regular accessory kit twice. The second time apparently the service guys didn't know what was going on and they put the accessory kit on in error. When I, ah, expressed my displeasure they went back and got the right set. It wasn't until they got them on that they found out about the sidestand issue, so they took one off a showroom Touring and did not charge me for it as a make-up for all the hassle, so I don't know what the additional cost for that would be.

I have attached pictures so you can see the difference in their shape and location from the OEM and Rivco kits. They are pricey, but I live in an area with a lot of tight, twisty mountain roads (please don't hate me) and for me they fall into the category of a major performance upgrade.

Karl

Attachments

• R3 013.jpg
    R3 013.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 140
  • R3 014.jpg
    R3 014.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 140
dealer in oklahoma city quoted me a parts only price of $969.99.
So I guess you got a good deal after all. I thought them munkeys were trying to rape me on it, now I know they were, so guess I'll have to wait till flip or somebody comes up with a good set, reasonably priced..see y'all at E.S. xhdskip

I just got an R3T for street use and was really surprised about the ground clearance in the twisties.. Rode RT33 to Senica rock and was keeping sportbikes in my sites without scraping hard at all.. (It's still a 900# bike) Really small chicken strips left and the scraping I did do didn't really damage the board edges at all (what the hell are they made of??)

Back