BeastMaster

.040 Over
Ride
2012 rocket III roadster & 1995 Magna
Hey I'm new here so I haven't had much time to search everything.

I am curious If any of you have installed/attempted, touring hard-bags on a roadster? While I have seen both bikes, in person, I don't really know if the frames & exhaust geometry are vastly different.

Hey I'm new here so I haven't had much time to search everything.

I am curious If any of you have installed/attempted, touring hard-bags on a roadster? While I have seen both bikes, in person, I don't really know if the frames & exhaust geometry are vastly different.
The frames as far as I know are the same. The swing arms are different obviously. As is the rear mud guard and exhaust. That being said, ive put Harley hard bags on a couple of Yamahas. Road King tooled leather bags on a Honda. Anything's possible with a little work, some decent measurements and time. Do it!

Heres one for inspiration! This was one I did on a VStar 1100.

FB_IMG_1547585322277.jpg

Don't know about factory mounts but I've thought about doing it with easy brackets. Someone who knows will come along shortly.

By "touring hard bags," do you mean R3 Touring bags or just any hard bags?

I have a set of Viking hard bags that work great; have also used Easy Brackets with both leather bags and hard plastic bags, and they worked well, too. I'd think Easy Brackets would work if you wanted to mount R3 Touring bags to a Roadster.

FWIW -
On my Roadster, I run panniers on long trips and have used Easy Brackets for 14 years - good product!
I now run Tusk aluminum panniers - not expensive and work very well.

@1olbull If someone wanted to replicate what you did, today, have you source links ?

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, Pablo, but I be out on the road with only my cell & I no habla how to do a link.
Google "Tusk panniers" will take you right there at eBay or Amazon.
Google "Easy Brackets for Triumph Rocket" will take you to them on eBay.

By "touring hard bags," do you mean R3 Touring bags or just any hard bags?

I have a set of Viking hard bags that work great; have also used Easy Brackets with both leather bags and hard plastic bags, and they worked well, too. I'd think Easy Brackets would work if you wanted to mount R3 Touring bags to a Roadster.

Yeah I meant R3 touting bags.

Don't know about factory mounts but I've thought about doing it with easy brackets. Someone who knows will come along shortly.

Right I have no problems making things fit. My real concern is spending 100s$ on bags that may not look all that good or fit at all .If tried a set of roadking bags like on the vstar but they look wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_20190112_115508211_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190112_115508211_HDR.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190112_115518127_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190112_115518127_HDR.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 7
Back