Total Engine Seize...

steelboss

.040 Over
I am sooooo pis*ed off now...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:... I have been very nice and caring with my 2008 R3T and I don't drive it hard. I just had the engine out a disassembled in April (see my posts)...
Today I was leaving my office and turned onto the street and in about 200 meters the there was a sudden slowdown and what sounded like a drown/choke of the engine and the bike sharply decreased speed like the engine was braking without any help from me. That was that.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I tried to disengage the trans and start, but no joy. The engine can turn just a little but not enough to start. I just changed the oil and coolant 4 days ago and all fluids are fine. The engine is locked-up.
The last time in April this cost me $1000 not including all the parts..or lets just say $2000. I see this as a repeat to that time and although I like this bike and its badass... the mechanical quality leaves me nervous about going places and I f*c%ing hate these out of pocket expenses for these overhaul-type repairs...i mean 2 overhauls in 4 months...really? ..seriously..??? WTF!

I am sooooo pis*ed off now...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:... I have been very nice and caring with my 2008 R3T and I don't drive it hard. I just had the engine out a disassembled in April (see my posts)...
Today I was leaving my office and turned onto the street and in about 200 meters the there was a sudden slowdown and what sounded like a drown/choke of the engine and the bike sharply decreased speed like the engine was braking without any help from me. That was that.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I tried to disengage the trans and start, but no joy. The engine can turn just a little but not enough to start. I just changed the oil and coolant 4 days ago and all fluids are fine. The engine is locked-up.
The last time in April this cost me $1000 not including all the parts..or lets just say $2000. I see this as a repeat to that time and although I like this bike and its badass... the mechanical quality leaves me nervous about going places and I f*c%ing hate these out of pocket expenses for these overhaul-type repairs...i mean 2 overhauls in 4 months...really? ..seriously..??? WTF!
This is going to be piston/ring, or crank/ rod..? hell... who cares anymore... I need a BMW or Kaw..

I hear ya on being stranded....but, as a long time BMW K1100lt owner, I can tell you from my own experience, you could just as easily get stranded and out of pocket big time on those too. Check out my intro post on the intro forum to see what I mean.

I agree with alpental, I'm thinking mechanic or crap parts....that's what did my BMW in the last two times it died....turned me off the entire brand and that dealer for sure.

Are you sure it's not a mechanic thing instead of a Triumph thing? Sounds like it was put together wrong or using inferior parts...
Maybe you did not read my posts with Warp...all of my parts are original and bought from USA or Australia Triumph or re-sellers. My mechanic is excellent and though he is not high tech, he is one hell of a mechanic. He has serviced 5 of my bikes for 5 years and no issues with him.

Are you sure it's not a mechanic thing instead of a Triumph thing? Sounds like it was put together wrong or using inferior parts...
The last time was a 2nd Gear swap that was/is a know problem with this bike. So I will have to wait and see what this problem is and determine the cause. For sure though, this is not what I call fun.

Did he use the correct Loctite on the bolt that needs to be done correctly? If that sounds like a silly question, then it is probably what caused the problem. If you know what the question means, then it may have been done correctly.

remove oil filter and cut open with hack saw to inspect. remove drain plugs and inspect.
even great mechanics have bad days:(
if you pull in the clutch will the bike roll all right?

I'm with the others, sounds like mechanical error to me, @TURBO200R4 is correct, we all make mistakes, even mechanics, good luck with the rebuild:)

Whatever the cause that's pretty rotten luck. I wish you all the best in getting it sorted - permanently, as swiftly and chea[ly as possible. Hopefully you'll have a top bike again when it's done.

Back