Jfcroni

Jim
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Since I had my Torsion Shaft Assembly replaced, I noticed that I have some clear coat lifting from my rear wheel. Does anyone know if they have to bleed the brakes after that repair process? I'm thinking yes.

I would think so too, since the rear portion of the bike is removed.
Some Rockets had the wheels replaced under warranty because the clear coat was lifting just in normal use. I don't think the latest wheels have clear coating on them.

I just moved the rear calliper to one side and strapped it up out of the way.
To be honest i cant see any mechanic not doing the same, otherwise he would just be making more work for himself...and they dont like that.

Did you replace the torsion shaft on your bike your self scotty :shock:

Or are you just saying when you remove the rear wheel :?:

sully said:
Did you replace the torsion shaft on your bike your self scotty :shock:

Or are you just saying when you remove the rear wheel :?:
Not replaced it just pulled things apart to have a nosey to make sure things were ok. After finding the large C-clip was missing from the rear wheel, in case they buggered anything else up on the bike. When it had its recall.

I do that scotty when i remove the back wheel.Then i have to remove the rear disc cause the tyre fitters cant take the tyre of with the disc on.I dont bother replacing the disc bolts i just stick some locktite on the old ones.The bolts are crap anyway as the chromes coming of em.

coat

**** scotty---you is thinkin like a mechanic now!! 6 months or so and we'll see scottyproducts.com .ha! ------croni---he **** sure didn't bleed ya brakes ,but you (or triumph) might have been charged for it. my dog peed on my wheel and clear coat peeled. a "don't pee or it will peel" kinda coatin i guess!---john

Alluminum being as porous as it is will never hold a clear-coat or anything else for that matter, without a good etch primer to bite into the surface and give something to key too. This is why the clear-coat that Triumph applies is a waste of time.

John
the first thing that scotty.com is goin to put on the market is a spell checker for you southern folks :wink:

Back