Tors with other headers. Performance and sound ?

blip

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
I have a 2015 R2Roadster that is completely stock. The warranty is up this month so now it's time to start F*****ng with the big girl:).

So i've done a bunch of reading on previous threads and looking at awesome pictures of a lot of bikes on this site (lots of your guys have some wicked mods by the way) and think I have come to a couple decisions about what I like.

Before I start my goals are to increase HP and sound. I like it loud and stock is not doing it for me.

First ..... I love the stock look of the silencers on the 14 Roadster. The huge bit of chrome just looks sweet, especially with the beattle bags.

Second ...... Ramair or ozclaws look awesome.

So here is my question ..... if I add a ramair and replace the silencers with TORS and the headers with another brand will that give me the same ballpark of power gain (with the right tune of course) as a complete exhaust system? Is the problem with the stock exhaust in the headers or is it in the connectors.

Secondly what headers can interface with tors without any custom fabrication. I see a few pictures on here with people who look like they have done this but I can't be sure. I called Carpenter and they said theirs are complete systems only, I can't just hook up headers to the tors.

I'd love to hear everyones thoughts on power gain as well as the sound of a setup like this. If I'm not going to get the sound or power gain I'm looking for I may just have to go with a system like Carpenter which we all know works but isn't quite the look I'm going for.

Cheers,
Blip

Blip, there are a few easy options for you.

Full exhaust from CES/Reband/Carp/Jardine. Should be good for 150whp minimum with a good tune for all of these and some scale a bit higher into the 170 whp area.

You could do the replacement cross over pipe to replace the stock resonator box cross over, a member recently posted a new design for sale. This would let you retain the stock headers and add TORs as a straight bolt on affair. This would also be about the best exhaust setup for both sound and power you will get without replacing the headers. Should be good for 140ish whp if tuned well.

The new crossover pipe (triumph's is not available) - Roadster cross over pipe

The 4 full systems will have a more raw sound, a little angrier and snarly. The TORs + cross over will have a good sound still, just not as loud.

Cost wise - expect to spend $1600 +/- 400 on a full system depending on shipping/options.
Cross over + TORs is about half that price.

Whichever way you go, budget and plan on a custom tune, you won't realize the power gains you should without it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Could I use the CES headers with the TORS? And would that end up with better HP?
Has anyone done anything similar on here or elsewhere?

As far as a suggestion for a custom tune are you suggestion I should dyno it? Or use a posted tune from a similar setup. I'm good with either, obvioulsy I'd need to get someone else to dyno it, but I am comfortable with loading a tune.

Cheers,
BRyan

This is what I run now, Ramair filter(under the bear claw), TOR's, CES headers and a CES cross-over pipe. for the headers and cross over you are looking at the A$2000.
20160402_125210.jpg
20160402_125235.jpg

I have a 2015 R2Roadster that is completely stock. The warranty is up this month so now it's time to start F*****ng with the big girl:).

So i've done a bunch of reading on previous threads and looking at awesome pictures of a lot of bikes on this site (lots of your guys have some wicked mods by the way) and think I have come to a couple decisions about what I like.

Before I start my goals are to increase HP and sound. I like it loud and stock is not doing it for me.

First ..... I love the stock look of the silencers on the 14 Roadster. The huge bit of chrome just looks sweet, especially with the beattle bags.

Second ...... Ramair or ozclaws look awesome.

So here is my question ..... if I add a ramair and replace the silencers with TORS and the headers with another brand will that give me the same ballpark of power gain (with the right tune of course) as a complete exhaust system? Is the problem with the stock exhaust in the headers or is it in the connectors.

Secondly what headers can interface with tors without any custom fabrication. I see a few pictures on here with people who look like they have done this but I can't be sure. I called Carpenter and they said theirs are complete systems only, I can't just hook up headers to the tors.

I'd love to hear everyones thoughts on power gain as well as the sound of a setup like this. If I'm not going to get the sound or power gain I'm looking for I may just have to go with a system like Carpenter which we all know works but isn't quite the look I'm going for.

Cheers,
Blip
Look up Paul Bryant on this forum and PM him. He makes a custom exhaust for the R3 as well as exhausts for classics. He's posted a new crossover which could mate his header to your TORs.

Blip, there are a few easy options for you.

Full exhaust from CES/Reband/Carp/Jardine. Should be good for 150whp minimum with a good tune for all of these and some scale a bit higher into the 170 whp area.

You could do the replacement cross over pipe to replace the stock resonator box cross over, a member recently posted a new design for sale. This would let you retain the stock headers and add TORs as a straight bolt on affair. This would also be about the best exhaust setup for both sound and power you will get without replacing the headers. Should be good for 140ish whp if tuned well.

The new crossover pipe (triumph's is not available) - Roadster cross over pipe

The 4 full systems will have a more raw sound, a little angrier and snarly. The TORs + cross over will have a good sound still, just not as loud.

Cost wise - expect to spend $1600 +/- 400 on a full system depending on shipping/options.
Cross over + TORs is about half that price.

Whichever way you go, budget and plan on a custom tune, you won't realize the power gains you should without it.
How is the heat from the CES exhaust compared to stock.

I was not aware CES did headers that would mate up to TORs mufflers, very nice! I bet it sounds great and I would expect a very minimal if any power loss vs the single muffler.

CES is a bit warmer, as long as you're moving its totally bearable. Sitting in stop an go traffic for an hour on the other hand, really...really sucks.

Back