TOR'S tune??

Is there a specific tune for TOR'S or should I just let the dealer install what they have?

Hi Nolton. The dealer will have a Triumph tune for tors which doesn't really help much. It felt like it made mine slower. Also backfired terrible on decel. Your best bet is to get a tuneboy or tune ecu (Free !). Then you have many tunes to choose from that will make your bike faster, not backfire and still get decent gas mileage. Just my 1/2 cents worth.

Hi Nolton. The dealer will have a Triumph tune for tors which doesn't really help much. It felt like it made mine slower. Also backfired terrible on decel. Your best bet is to get a tuneboy or tune ecu (Free !). Then you have many tunes to choose from that will make your bike faster, not backfire and still get decent gas mileage. Just my 1/2 cents worth.
? FREE?? where?
I have never used one are they simple?

I have never used tune ecu (that's the free one). Plenty of guys on here have, I'm sure they could talk you through it. What cha havin fer turkey day down in Loo-z-anna ?
Smoked ham, boudin balls, regular vegies and some dishes that I'm not sure about.
Will let you know in 24 hours, LOL!!
Oh, and some tums washed down with a beer. :D

hi nolton just my 2 cents i had the dealer do the TORS tune on my rocket 3t and it made a huge differance smoother faster and no popping on decel, however i lost a little in fuel milage but it was well worth it...........sandman:D

hi nolton just my 2 cents i had the dealer do the TORS tune on my rocket 3t and it made a huge differance smoother faster and no popping on decel, however i lost a little in fuel milage but it was well worth it...........sandman:D

Fuel!! Its a Rocket. :D I'm not worried about it. :D:D
I dont know enough to try and tune the bike myself so my only option is the dealer. I still have to get the cat bypass and I am in no hurry. Thanks!
Ride safe, you should consider coming to Maggie Valley this May.

TORS tune is OK provided you haven't done anything else such as filters and especially not removed socondaries. It is a typically lean tune and uses secondaries to throttle the air at certain points to make it richer (rather than adding fuel). Mine popped like mad. Ran OK but I'm not sure was any better than it did with the stock tune and pipes. Once I added triples and pulled secondaries I had to do something about the a:f mix so I added a Dobec and the thing flies; no popping and very smooth at all speeds. Bit thirsty (not excessively so), but as you say, that's hardly a concern.

TuneBoy or Tune ECU will fix it if you want to start playing with tunes. Otherwise look at the plug and play options such as Dobec or PCIII/V. Beauty of the Dobec is that you can fine tune it with a screw driver; just like in the olden days!

Thank for the info. I still have to get the cat bypass and filters. May take some time. Are you coming to help do the tune?

Back