Brenner

Living the dream
Ride
2008 Rocket Touring
I have taken advice of the majority of the forum and acquired a set of TORS to upgrade my R3T rather than mod a set of pipes so that I can get to use my ride with no down time. I found a pair looking in nice shape on ebay for the tune of $220 shipped. The pics showed a small scuff on the bottom of the pipe and mentioned a small dent. On receiving I examined the pipes and found the mentioned scuff and small dent next to it that when installed would not be visible. So happy happy right ? Well not to be, I found a fairly large dent on the opposite end of the pipe that will be very visible. These pipes look like they were not run and have next to no carbon on them. So it might be that during shipping they may have received some damage. No major marks on the box to support that but it might be possible and I do not want to accuse the seller of hiding it. I'm on a bit of a budget and would like to pay this bike off so I have been acquiring my wants for the best prices I can find. I don't know if I will be able to find another set of TORS this new for that price again so I have been thinking and wondering which leads to my question. Has anyone opened up a set of TORS? If so how is the packing inside? I'm considering drilling a hole in the end cap and attempting removing the dent from the inside as one would with the paintless dent removal procedure. Then once removed either thread and bolt up or weld the hole closed. The area where I will drill will not be seen once installed. Thoughts please?

When I was reading your post I thought of doing the dent removal like the dent repair, and then you said it. I think that would be a viable method if you can get to it. If you do some searching on here I thought I remembered a post where someone had cut open a pipe.

bob

Hail dent guys can glue a tab in the dent to pull it so I wander if it could be done on your muffler

I have taken advice of the majority of the forum and acquired a set of TORS to upgrade my R3T rather than mod a set of pipes so that I can get to use my ride with no down time. I found a pair looking in nice shape on ebay for the tune of $220 shipped. The pics showed a small scuff on the bottom of the pipe and mentioned a small dent. On receiving I examined the pipes and found the mentioned scuff and small dent next to it that when installed would not be visible. So happy happy right ? Well not to be, I found a fairly large dent on the opposite end of the pipe that will be very visible. These pipes look like they were not run and have next to no carbon on them. So it might be that during shipping they may have received some damage. No major marks on the box to support that but it might be possible and I do not want to accuse the seller of hiding it. I'm on a bit of a budget and would like to pay this bike off so I have been acquiring my wants for the best prices I can find. I don't know if I will be able to find another set of TORS this new for that price again so I have been thinking and wondering which leads to my question. Has anyone opened up a set of TORS? If so how is the packing inside? I'm considering drilling a hole in the end cap and attempting removing the dent from the inside as one would with the paintless dent removal procedure. Then once removed either thread and bolt up or weld the hole closed. The area where I will drill will not be seen once installed. Thoughts please?
Band instrument/low brass horn repairman : he's got the jigs and tools and skill set you need to iron out that dent like it was never there, you'll be amazed.

Band instrument/low brass horn repairman : he's got the jigs and tools and skill set you need to iron out that dent like it was never there, you'll be amazed.

That sounds like a great option for anyone who wants to buy these Roadster TORs A9608077 on eBay from Germany.
There are photos of the damged left one but hard to determine how they would look mounted without repair.
US $241.49
FREE Standard International Shipping
Triumph Silencer Kit - Rocket III - LEFT DAMAGED | eBay

They also list it in another currency
But this would be dearer way to buy at US$270 + currency conversion of about 4% = US$281

Price: EUR 137.08 Approximately US $164.07
Shipping: EUR 79.90 (approx. US $95.63) DHL Paket International

TRIUMPH Schalldaempfer Kit - Rocket III - links beschädigt | eBay

But they also have undamaged sets which depending on the cost of a repair may work out better.
EUR 265.88
Approximately US $318.23
EUR 79.90 (approx. US $95.63) DHL Paket International

TRIUMPH Schalldaempfer Kit - Rocket III | eBay

Last edited:
Back