TORS install - Classic with 3 mufflers

3Cylinder

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic
I foolishly ordered a set of TORS mufflers assuming they included the midpipe. My 06 Classic has the 3 muffler setup and I don't like the looks or sound of it. Can I buy the parts I need or should I just return or re-sell the mufflers?

I foolishly ordered a set of TORS mufflers assuming they included the midpipe. My 06 Classic has the 3 muffler setup and I don't like the looks or sound of it. Can I buy the parts I need or should I just return or re-sell the mufflers?
It appears the former owner replaced the cat box with a straight thru midpipe.

I guess I don't understand the question. Did you buy 2 pipe tors ?
Yes, which makes me a non-rocket scientist. I did not know there were 2 and 3 pipe setups. I guess I'm looking for options to see if it is possible or worth buying a midpipe to install them or just resell or return,
I'm now thinking the mounting brackets are also not going to fit.

What you should have is the 3-1 manifold followed by the cat (catalytic converter box) delete pipe which is basically 1-3 setup that your 3 mufflers fit on.
cat delete.JPG

What you should have is the 3-1 manifold followed by the cat (catalytic converter box) delete pipe which is basically 1-3 setup that your 3 mufflers fit on.
cat delete.JPG
Yup that looks like what I have. Is there one like to his for 2 to 1 that I can get?

I have never seen anyone try to fit the 2 pipe tors (2010 and up) on a three pipe bike (2004 to 2009) It would take a little work as the mounting on the mid pipe will be different do to the ABS system on 2010 and up. This does not mean it cannot be accomplished you will need to finagle the mounting system some but with persistence it should work as long as the pipes still mount up to the rear foot peg area I can see it working.

Your 06 mufflers mounting bracket are not going to work with the two pipe tors so unless you want buy a roadster crossover pipe and roadster muffler mounting brackets I would try and return them or exchange for the correct three muffler Tors that or sell them and buy a much more efficient system like CES, Rebands or Carpenter Brutes all are 3 into 1 except you can get Trevor at CES to make a twouffler system at extra cost of course

I have never seen anyone try to fit the 2 pipe tors (2010 and up) on a three pipe bike (2004 to 2009) It would take a little work as the mounting on the mid pipe will be different do to the ABS system on 2010 and up. This does not mean it cannot be accomplished you will need to finagle the mounting system some but with persistence it should work as long as the pipes still mount up to the rear foot peg area I can see it working.

Back