Mikescard

Standard Bore
Ride
2004 triumph rocket
Hey all theres probably a million threads on here about triumph torrs.. But I'm asking if anyone is running just 2 Torr and one standard on there bike?.. Would the bike run OK using only 2 triumph torrs and one standard or could it damage the motor?.. I've just got a dink in my lower right hand side pipe and can't find a replacement anywhere so was thinking of replacing it with my standard pipe.. Its a 2004 classic.. Many thanks for any advice

Maybe drill out the baffle in the stock muffler. They look the same although the stock is a few inches longer but I bet no one would notice except you and other Rocket riders. A new tune or dyno would most likely need to be done. Others on here can help you more than I. Cheers:thumbsup:

Maybe drill out the baffle in the stock muffler. They look the same although the stock is a few inches longer but I bet no one would notice except you and other Rocket riders. A new tune or dyno would most likely need to be done. Others on here can help you more than I. Cheers:thumbsup:

YES A FEW EXTRA HOLES TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE (SORry caps

Many thanks for your replies, I was more worried after someone pointed out that the torrs have a bigger bore than the standard so it could unbalance the engine n cause damage using a 2 plus one system, something I've never thought about 😳.. Has anyone actually taken the baffle out? N is it easy? To take out and replace? As the dink in my pipe is quite small n with the baffle out I could maybe have access to get the dent out 🤔

Hey all theres probably a million threads on here about triumph torrs.. But I'm asking if anyone is running just 2 Torr and one standard on there bike?.. Would the bike run OK using only 2 triumph torrs and one standard or could it damage the motor?.. I've just got a dink in my lower right hand side pipe and can't find a replacement anywhere so was thinking of replacing it with my standard pipe.. Its a 2004 classic.. Many thanks for any advice
I have a 2007 Classic. Run two TOR and one OEM pipe. The bike had gotten way too noisy. Seems like the core stuffing gets burned out or something. No difference in performance. I run them from a CAT eliminator.

Yup me too. Been running exactly what you asked. 2 TORs 1 stock. TORs on left and top right. Stock on bottom right. No problems at all. And I like it better than 3 TORs. Sound is awesome.
DSCN5537.JPG

Last edited:
It will not make a difference
Because the three headers go into one and then brance off the ecu will never know know there is a slight differance.
Forget about repairing that tor either replace or forget about the dent.

Back