hi all.. I need the torque specs for the front axle bolt, brake rotor to rim, and caliper bolts.. Thanks in advance..:):d

Values for R3 and R3C.
Front Axle - 65 Nm or 47.9 ft/lbs
Rotor to Wheel - 22 Nm or 16.2 ft/lbs
Caliper to Fork - 40 Nm or 29.5 ft/lbs

Why dont you download the Service Manual?, its free from this site. :)

If you are reusing the old disc bolts use medium grade thread locker on them.
I also use copper anti-sieze on the caliper bolts and the axle threads.:D
Hoep this helps

Values for R3 and R3C.
Front Axle - 65 Nm or 47.9 ft/lbs
Rotor to Wheel - 22 Nm or 16.2 ft/lbs
Caliper to Fork - 40 Nm or 29.5 ft/lbs

Why dont you download the Service Manual?, its free from this site. :)
Hi. Do you have a link from the service manual?

Believe I'd reduce torque by 15-20%. Never-sieze is an awful efficient lubricant.
It has its use bit I 100% agree that it should be thrown out.
Stainless steel threads it works well to prevent gauling.

Very true about the 15 to 20%
But do not go adding 20% to an m8 bolt lol or snapville will be your next stop.

The best is clean chased threads.
If you have a bad time with corrosion areas, before you send in the last 1/4 inch... add a dab of rtv to the threads and finish sending it home.

It has its use bit I 100% agree that it should be thrown out.
Stainless steel threads it works well to prevent gauling.

Very true about the 15 to 20%
But do not go adding 20% to an m8 bolt lol or snapville will be your next stop.

The best is clean chased threads.
If you have a bad time with corrosion areas, before you send in the last 1/4 inch... add a dab of rtv to the threads and finish sending it home.
I'm not saying Add 15-20%, I'm saying Reduce by 15-20 % on clean threads. I use it on most everything, to each his own. If it was a little thinner, I'd have it for lunch. That's a joke.

there are 2 schools of argument here. Not to go too deep off the tracks but you need to add 5% to the torque value of you lube threads because they spin easier and have lost resistance this more beans to apply the same frictional force over the crossectional area of the thread.
Or
You need to subtract a 15% to 20% because it will add more clamping pressure and warp things.
Both are correct depending on the application.

It depends on if you need to measure things by the calculated clamping pressure needed or the distortions bolt stretch.

TTC (torque test channel) on youtube has this covered and a lot of other "myths" about torque and whatnot

Back