RoadRocket

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket
I am going to be moving to an area where the nearest Triumph Dealership is over 100 miles away...basically I am going to have to do my own maintenance: tune ups, mods, major engine work, changing tires, etc.

Beside an LIFT and some sort of tool to help put on and pull off a tire from a rim and another tool to balance the tire...what other sorts of special tools should I get besides a basic large tool box? I realize this is an open ended question. Basically looking for specific tools unique to working on motorcycles other than sockets and wrenches etc.

For example: if I want to put on the 265 Horsepower kit put out by Carpenter Racing...what sort of specialized tools should I be looking at?

Torque wrench with Newton Meter markings, The triumph fork spring tool, and a good assortment of Allen sockets from 2mm to 10mm. You will mostly use 4, 5,6,8,10 and you need a 14mm and 19mm for the back and front axles.

Any motorcycle dealer should have what is needed to change the tires. If not, check around at the car tire shops. Some of them can do it.

Back