Tools for headlight alignment: 2008 Triumph Rocket III

RomeoTango

Standard Bore
Kind of an odd question: what tools do I need to do a headlight alignment on a 2008 Triumph Rocket III?

Reason is, I am meeting a buddy for a weekend ride and I know his headlights are not aligned properly. We will have a little down time, and I thought I would do him a solid and I would prefer to travel light with the exact tools, rather than pack some sort of set. I've looked through a couple manuals online, but none outline specific socket sizes, or tool to get the switch cover off.

Original headlights on the rocket r junk
If u adjust to high beam thr low beam will b about 15 feet in front of the front tire
If u adjust to low beam the bright beam will b in the treetops.
Replace lights.
If ithey have been replaced i adjust at night.
#5 Allen for cover
#6 allen for the side to side
For the up and down not sure i am thinking maybe 12 or 13 mm wrench

Original headlights on the rocket r junk
If u adjust to high beam thr low beam will b about 15 feet in front of the front tire
If u adjust to low beam the bright beam will b in the treetops.
Replace lights.
If ithey have been replaced i adjust at night.
#5 Allen for cover
#6 allen for the side to side
For the up and down not sure i am thinking maybe 12 or 13 mm wrench

It's actually the lense/ reflector assembly that is junk. Just as Turbo said, you'll never get them adjusted so that both low and high are in the right place. Either replace the assembly with an LED or another H4 assembly.

Thanks for the tool info and tips. The lights have been replaced - with Sunpie LEDS. Anything specific to those? Will they be difficult?

i like to favor the right one a little to the right because we have open range and black cows on the road.
if they r to high they will let u know.

Nah. A phonetic combo of the first letters of mine and my wifes name. Not very creative, but somewhat original. It's always available when I register to a new forum. :cool:
mine is the name of a transmission
always available :laugh:

Back