Took a little ride today

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
The misses and I took a ride up the coast of Lake Michigan today. Here's the Roc at Pere Marquette Park. Shoulda got a picture of the beach. It's been voted one of the nicest in the US.

Roc at the lake.jpg

Here's me looking all tough by the channel.
Channel.jpg

You can see a little of the beach in the background. Lotsa people there today, hot MF'r today.
Bad MF'r.jpg

This supposed to be the biggest weather vane in the world :rolleyes:. Doesn't look so big when framed with a Rocket !
Weather vane.jpg

This is the White Lake lighthouse from across the channel. Ran into a fellow there who used to work for me years ago. He said he has 8 Triumphs now from the 50's and 60's.
White lake LH.jpg

Then we went on up to Silver Lake. It's pretty much a lake in the middle of a sand dune.

Silver Lake.jpg

This is the Silver lake lighthouse a little ways up the coast.

Silver Lake LH.jpg

On the way home we HAD to stop at Country Dairy. It's a working farm that offers tours. They make their own ice cream on site. Good stuff !

Country dairy.jpg

About 125 miles round trip. A nice little Saturday putt. Or as STB said "thump therapy"

and to think
The misses and I took a ride up the coast of Lake Michigan today. Here's the Roc at Pere Marquette Park. Shoulda got a picture of the beach. It's been voted one of the nicest in the US.

Roc at the lake.jpg

Here's me looking all tough by the channel.
Channel.jpg

You can see a little of the beach in the background. Lotsa people there today, hot MF'r today.
Bad MF'r.jpg

This supposed to be the biggest weather vane in the world :rolleyes:. Doesn't look so big when framed with a Rocket !
Weather vane.jpg

This is the White Lake lighthouse from across the channel. Ran into a fellow there who used to work for me years ago. He said he has 8 Triumphs now from the 50's and 60's.
White lake LH.jpg

Then we went on up to Silver Lake. It's pretty much a lake in the middle of a sand dune.

Silver Lake.jpg

This is the Silver lake lighthouse a little ways up the coast.

Silver Lake LH.jpg

On the way home we HAD to stop at Country Dairy. It's a working farm that offers tours. They make their own ice cream on site. Good stuff !

Country dairy.jpg

About 125 miles round trip. A nice little Saturday putt. Or as STB said "thump therapy"

and to think there is new bearings in this engine!!! amazing

Took a little ride today too. Not as interesting as yours Fred but I might post some pics in a separate thread. Just wanted to say thank you - for putting the words "more molybdenum" in my head. Was repeating it over and over and over for the last couple of hours as I rode. Pretty sure I almost got it right a few times. Had to laugh though. :laugh:
Really good to see your bike out and about. Beautiful pics.

Back