Tomorrow 100th Anniversary

Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Just wondering what other Aussie members are doing for Tomorrows ANZAC day 100th year Rememberance ?

Im taking Kylie her Mum and Aunty to the dawn service at Burleigh Heads. Then i'll head up to Bris to a mates place at Hawthorne on the river , he's throwing a small BBQ with female entertainers for all us old school Royal Aussie Engineers , thatll go till about 4pm then im sure i'll get dragged somewhere into the city , i was smart this year and took all next week off work planning for the worst possible hangover ever :)
Check this pic out , awesome painting showing Aussie soldiers from WW1 right up until Afghanistan having ANZAC day drinks

Will be heading to dawn service at Vietnam Veterans Club, they do a good service with local cadets involved, open to the public and its getting bigger each year.
Mate i like the sounds of that , think i might join you there next year if your going.

I am going to the Toowoomba dawn service and then the small service in our little township. Usually end up bumping into some other fellow ex Infantry mates and have a few beers. Even at my middle age there is too long a list of people that I served with that are sadly on piquet in better places. Lest we forget

I am going to the Toowoomba dawn service and then the small service in our little township. Usually end up bumping into some other fellow ex Infantry mates and have a few beers. Even at my middle age there is too long a list of people that I served with that are sadly on piquet in better places. Lest we forget
6 RAR mate ?

I obviously won't be there, but have nothing but admiration for the warriors from Down Under that I have known and all of the ones from the last 100 years who are part of the Anzac tradition. During my active duty time from 1971 to 1992 I was able to work closely with Australian and New Zealand military several times and was never less than thoroughly impressed with their professionalism and dedication and their ability to party when the job was done.

ANZACDay.jpg

bob

Last edited:
:).:):)
6 RAR mate ?
Did a bit of everything, nothing of note. Spent a little time at 6 RAR on occasion in the mid nineties. Started off as a chock, did some FTS stuff as an out station depot commander. Finished in Trg Comd posting to my chargrin. Finished as a part timer too. Have great mates and brothers still from both the ARA and GRES from back then about 17 years in all. Miss the blokes, but my knees are happier as a civvy. Right ear reminds me daily that I was a Dig. I think my hearing bothers my Dear wife more than myself.

Heading to our local dawn service on the hill then the March @ 10.30 in Sassafrass then to My local RSL to run the B.B.Q. for awhile then my sons playing an ANZAC day footy match up the road. Stay safe guys. Lest we forget.

Back