Today would have been a great day for a ride

Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
If it hadn't only been 21F. I have noticed that there are a lot of gorgeous days to ride in the winter, bright sunshine, little other MC traffic on the roads and now the price of gas is dropping.

But, I guess I am a wuss, I just can't wrap my head around that below zero wind chill that comes with it. Maybe I need to get an old thumper and start riding logging roads when I really don't feel like doing 70+mph on the road.

bob

Warmer than that over here on the west side, Bob.
It is indeed nice and Sunny at 37°, but I be down sick and coughing my lungs out this past week.
Woulda been a good day to crack out the Gerbing heated underwear. :roll::roll:

sometimes you gotta go for it generac carharts are cheap double your socks and gloves, a balclava is $25. your good for 75-100 miles between coffee stops, call me i'll go with ya.

^^^^^

That is an excellent idea, all I need are the Carharts. Now you have me thinking this isn't so bad afterall.

bob

My heated gloves are en route to be repaired or replaced. In their absences, I have just used liners inside of my summer gloves and been good to below freezing thus far. I'm putting my gear on now but today in VA it is way hot at 52F on its way into the 60s. A great day to ride to work...

sorry I do not understand! ANY days a good day for a ride(granted some more than others)

Denver is schizophrenic regarding weather. It can be 35F out and I'll be comfy in a T-shirt in the sun, and then it'll be 45 and I'll be cold in a jacket. I think a lot of it has to do with humidity in the area, it changes a lot around here and can get surprisingly high without precipitation.

Back