Spawn

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 Classic
Hey folks.
Is anyone out there running Michelin Commanders on their R3C? I used them on my Honda but the tech at Triumph did not recommend them for the Rocket. Not sticky enough he said. Thanks for the help!

Some run the 140/75/r17 on the front but they do not make a 240 16 inch rear. Now buy a 18 inch rim and you'll be able to run a full set. Your best bet for the rear is a bridgestone exedra max 240/55/r16 and either the 140 Michelin or say a 140 cobra on the front.

Last edited:
Michelin commanders not sticky enough ? Have run Michelin Commanders in all types of weather for the last 60,000 miles on the Harley. Never had a issue with traction. Presently running a Exedra max rear and a 140 Michelin Scorcher up front on the Rocket. No problems at all. Only beef is the Scorcher wears faster than the commander. Good trade of because the Scorcher gets better traction. :):):):):)

I switched to a Michelin Commander II on my R3T the last rear I installed. I had to go with a slightly smaller diameter tire, but the performance is great. As too the tire not being "sticky" is dependent on what your doing. The tread on the edges is softer than on the center. So putting the bike on a curve is great. You can hear the change in sound on curves. The center being harder gives the tire much better mileage. I'm at 12,000 miles and still a lot of tread.

I was the first here to run the Commander IIs up front and I'm getting ready to put on my 3rd sometime later this season. It pairs very well with all 240 tires on the rear, but particularly well with the Exedra Max due to its taller aspect ratio, which yields markedly improved ergonomics and handling characteristics .

The Michelin is a superb tire all the way around.:thumbsup:

Back