JohnnyCanuck

Supercharged
My Metz are running a little bare so I'm looking to replace front and back tires. Just wondering what a good price for Metz - front and back are. Or for Avons or Bridgestone. Not converting to the darkside. Thanks!

There is no "good" price for a Metz ... free is more than they are worth. ;)

If darkside is against your religion then you should at least try Avon, it's a good tire.

I've had good luck with www.sporttour.com as far as service and price go. They ship to Canada via USPS so no problems with duty or brokerage crap. They carry Metz and Avon at the lowest $. I would take a good look at the Bridgestone as an alternative. Apparently the reports are good regarding performance and they are cheaper than the other two.

if I was to come back from the darkside it would be to Avon Cobras guys I know running them swear by them, better handling, better wear. Metzler are not worth the plastic they wrap them in. The Cobras are going to cost you a little more but give heaps more miles and grins :D

I consistently get 10,000 klms out of Metzler Marathons. Have heard mixed stories about the Avons .. common seems to be Avons are not as good in the wet as the Metzlers. Complaining about tyre wear on a hard ridden Rocket is a bit like buying a V8 car and *****ing about fuel consumption.. in my humble opinion.

If I could improve my V8 fuel consumption just by fixing a hole in the tank ... I might be tempted. ;)

I consistently get 10,000 klms out of Metzler Marathons. Have heard mixed stories about the Avons .. common seems to be Avons are not as good in the wet as the Metzlers. Complaining about tyre wear on a hard ridden Rocket is a bit like buying a V8 car and *****ing about fuel consumption.. in my humble opinion.
I might add I have not personally used the Cobras but CanberraR3 is more than happy with his even in the wet, I to had heard stories of bad wet weather grip but apparently it was the earlier Cobras and the compound has been changed, I personally like the Shinko cos it sticks like Sh.t to a blancket in the wet or dry I have on a couple of occasions started to loose the front when I was running the Metzlers front and back once they got hot the Shinko just laps it up.:)

R3T tyres

you R3 owners are lucky you can get tyres!
my r3t has needed tyres for a few weeks but none are currently available as radials any where i can find this side of the pond.
even triumph dealers are trying to sell me a rear radial and a bias front (metz).
I can get Cobras but they are not approved, nor are Bridgestones.

Anyone know anything about it being ok to mix radial/bias belt?

I have a bike with bald tyres and no ready means of sorting.

Head of Triumph tech stated to me its ok, but has failed to send the email I requested confirming same???? Which makes me wonder!

Any views please?

Well every darksider is riding on mismatched tires anyway, I don't see the harm in mixing Avon and Metz. If you are replacing tires anyway, don't Metz with Metzlers, go with Avon or anything else. Metzler sucks.

Back