Tires Need Replacement For Pa Inspection 8,236K

Deleted member 1699

Well gotta a call yesterday from Capitol Area Triumph, need front and rear tires at 8,236K :eek::mad:I don't beet the monster but they are wore out (UNSAFE TO RIDE) I called Triumph they said Bridgstone picked them, we cannot HELP you out (PETER) I said OK thanks. Was hoping to meet in the middle or something!!!!

WELL IT WILL BE EXPENSIVE BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORD OF MOUTH KEEP THE PRESSURES AT THE CORRECT SETTING AND CHECK DAILY BEFORE RIDING

ME880 * FRONT SOLO 38-40 * 2UP 40-42 * REAR SOLO 44-46 * 2UP46-48

The dealer or any of them within 100 miles stock them so the SUCKIE part, I have to wait and the weather is absolutely beautiful@ 84!!!!

If you still had the stock Bridgstones on an R3T you're very lucky to have gotten that kind of mileage. Those tires were recalled quite awhile back. Check with your dealer and see if yours were part of the recall. If so, you should be entitled to a new set of Metzlers for free.

I've had the Avon Cobras and the Metzlers on my R3T. I preferred the handling of the Cobras but the Metz seem to be lasting longer. Oh, and anything over 8k is very reasonable. Remember, you're carrying 800 lbs and generating 140 ft lbs of torque. That combination is going to wear tires out. Still not as bad as the 3-4K a lot of sport bikes get.

Atleast you have the R3T.. I'm sure tires are a bit cheaper. Most Rocket Standard/Classic riders get that out of a set of Metzelers.. I managed to get a bit more.. but am most pleased with my Avon Cobras..15,000 miles out of the last pair..

Got into a bind and had to replace the rear 240 with a Metz again just before taking off for Canada last year, It really pained me to do it but time was just too short. Just replaced the front with an Avon Cobra and it feels soooo much better than the Metz ever did. I'm looking forward to the day that ****ty piece of rubber comes off the rear and goes darkside.

[QUOTELook for something other than Metzler ... Avon, Conti's ... ANYTHING but Metz. [/QUOTE] I have to totally agree with Hellfire on this. I have had so much trouble with the rear metz I went dark and changed brands for the front as well.

This is in the Touring forum. His choices are limited. The Bridgestone is not a viable choice, if you email Bridgestone about the R3T they will respond telling you to buy the Metzlers.

From my experience the Avons perform better, the Metzlers give better mileage. One of the main reasons I chose the R3T was for the better handling of the 180 rear tire, so a car tire is not a consideration. If mileage is your paramount concern, it may be something you should consider.

Hmmmm, I thought the Touring had more choices than the others since the rear wasn't a 240. The R3 has what...? Three for the rear(one being the dark side) and three on the front?

Rear- Metzler, Avon and Dark side

Front- Metzler, Avon, Bridgestone

I'm sure I'm missing something, but what choices do you have for the Touring?

Back