Spartacus

.020 Over
Just put BFG rear tire on last month. I noticed it was losing air last week. Closer inspection revealed a small nail in center of tread. Was going to plug it but was told that I would have to put tube in it instead. Is this true with MC tires? I've been successfully plugging car tires for years. What effect will a tube have on the handling?

I've successfully plugged a number of bike tyres with no ill-effects. Worst that could happen is a slow leak I reckon, even if the thing blows out - which it can't. Sounds like you've got a car tyre on there anyway.......

Not a car tire. Got the bike back today. 2 issues with tube installed. First, the original angled valve stem is gone and now has a stubby, straight valve stem. This makes it impossible to check tire pressure and air up tire with my existing gage and air nozzle due to inacessibilty. I'm guessing I'll find an adapter of some kind to fix this. Second issue is there is no longer ground clearance under rear tire when propped up with Flip's paddock stand. For some reason the aspect ratio has changed (larger diameter of tire due to tube installation). Either is no big deal. Just thought I'd give an update.

Goodrich makes a motorcycle tire that fits on an R3?

News to me ! I'm guessing that if it's true, than it has to be one of their several, wholly owned, private label brands... :confused:

That's what I thought he meant by BFG too. Then I thought when he said it's an MT it must have been an affectionate term like Big Fat Girl or something like that. It's on a Classic so I presume it's a 240. So Spartacus, what tyre you running?

Brainfart on my part. Tire (tyre?) is Bridgestone Excedra Max size 240-55-16, not BFG. Don't know what I was thinking about when I first posted this. Made tire chuck adapter to fit tire valve (very tight fit) and pressure reads 40 psi. Larger diameter than previous Metz, but still had ground clearance when up on paddock stand until tube installed.

Back